OOTD: Unmapped Life

April 28, 2012

I have officially passed my graduate project! Woot! I still have a couple weeks of work before graduation, but the pressure is off. It’s thrilling and scary all at the same time. I went straight from public school to undergrad to graduate school. My life has been “planned” for as long as I can remember, and for once my future is kind of up in the air. I don’t know where I’ll be living or what my first full-time job will be (if I can get one).

Since I’m a pretty boring person, my first two days “off” included cleaning my car (which had been horribly neglected), lots of playing in the yard with Lola, and grabbing sushi with my sister and brother-in-law. It was joyful :).

This Torrid top is the best fitting/draped button down I’ve ever owned. For once the top was made with enough flair out at the hips! I love the v-neck at the top detail. The sleeves are loose and the whole top is breezy and comfortable. I added on short animal print wedges, and some gold accent rings. I’m also wearing extensions, so sadly, no, my hair has not magically grown longer and gotten thicker.

Knot ring, ‘R’ ring

Torrid top, City Chic jeans, Target heels, Target knot ring, Urban Outfitters ‘R’ ring

Have you always lived your life according to plan? Any advice for me going into the job market?

1. April 28, 2012 11:36 pm

I’m not a particularly adventurous person, but in the summer of 2010, I left a job I loved for a job I thought was better. I HATED the new job – & after three months, I quit, with nothing else lined up. I lived at home for five months, unemployed, before landing a job with an affiliate of the first place I worked, spending 16 months with them in a so-so job. Two weeks ago, I started my dream position with them doing social media & writing – & I couldn’t be happier.

All this to say: Sometimes, plans fall through, & what comes out of the ruins is better than you ever could’ve planned for. Good luck to you!

2. bookworm28 permalink
    April 28, 2012 11:47 pm

Love that shirt! I don’t think you’re boring, sounds like a lovely time. :-)

3. Natalie permalink
    April 29, 2012 1:19 am

You look amazing! I would never have guessed they were extensions, they blend great with your hair. That top is so pretty. Looks like Lola enjoyed the time you two spent together :P

4. April 29, 2012 3:25 am

LOVE the OOTD! Ah, Lola, Lola :) As for a job …remember this – you’re young, you don’t have any commitments as far as mortgage and children – don’t feel you have to be locked into a job -if it doesn’t work for you, move on!

5. Jacki Anderson permalink
    April 29, 2012 6:43 am

Love the top. I looks super comfortable and lovely on you. The hair extensions look great! Are they the self-do type, or did you go professional? I’m sure there is a feeling of one big weight (senior project and graduation) being lifted, but another weight (finding a job) sort of replacing it. But as Jeannee said above, your first job will not be your forever job. Be kind to yourself and enjoy this little bit of time you have between graduate school and work when you do get hired. Blythe will be home Thursday evening so we have to get together soon!

6. Maria permalink
    April 29, 2012 9:06 am

Congrats on graduating! Do not fret about your future, everything will work out. Enjoy this transition time – it will pass quickly. Sushi, doggies and family is not boring at all, it is life at its best :-)

7. April 29, 2012 9:06 am

<3 your top and your heels.
    I would suggest using the career services at your school as much as you can.
    I am a planner by nature so yes, my life has been mapped out or planned out. My path didn't go as planned but the end result is the same, so I'm happy.
    Congratulations on finishing your project.

8. May 1, 2012 8:52 am

Such a cute casual outfit! Loving the lepoard flats! Congrats on completing your graduate project. Trust me there is no better feelng than walking across that stage to receive your Masters degree! The best advice I could give is do what you love!

9. May 1, 2012 6:20 pm

Congratulations on finishing your graduate project! There is nothing more difficult than those last few weeks as you edit and finish writing. Go you! Enjoy a few weeks to relax and recharge so you’ll be fresh and ready for the job hunt.

I love those leopard print heels!

May 4, 2012 6:08 pm

Kuddos on finishing your project and graduation. A job well done! You look so sexy in this outfit girl! Love everything about it especially the shoes! I think you have lots of options in your future. If you are in education, I think you should teach young girls. I think you could really make a difference in their lives in dealing with body image and how to have a fabulous life no matter what circumstances they are in. I see you educating adults and children everywhere. I see you as a motivational speaker, I see you leading conferences for psychology professionals on being “fat”(I don’t mean that in a bad demeaning way) I think you have a message for them to hear. I see you writing, I see you modeling, I see you writing for a magazine or even being editor. I have a friend in Avery County who after years is living her dream and she is an editor of “Women” magazine for that area of the mountains. These magazines are free and are in front in restaraunts and drug stores etc, The advertisers pay for the ads and pay to publish it. She has free reign on what she wants to cover and the people who she wants to write about. I see you doing this. I can see you in a high school classroom or an elementary classroom smiling as all your students come in and greet your beautiful smiling face. They will love you. Life sure hits some curves! Plans are best not made but a general road map is a good thing to have. The best things happen when we go down a less traveled road. People can come in and take your possessions but they will never be able to take away your education. You are truly blessed.

11. May 8, 2012 9:26 pm

Great outfit! Love that top!

12. May 11, 2012 5:45 am

You look beautiful! I love the top.

Amy x

13. May 11, 2012 11:31 am

That top is STUNNING! And so is Lola. I grin every time I see pics because she looks just like my Daisy. :)

14. June 17, 2012 3:27 pm

GORGEOUS!!! Love the shoes, too and your smile is amazing!

15. July 22, 2012 2:09 pm

!!! I want to wake up and look like that, the dark denim, the blouse, the sheer sleeves, the curly hair, the accessories, the shoes!

1. 3 Years of Growth and Fashion | theplussideofme