OOTD: Being a Halloweenie

October 14, 2012

Hellllooooo long lost blogging friends! I’ve missed writing and reading blogs and talking with all of you about fashion and body acceptance. I have no idea how regularly I’ll be back to it all, but I’m hoping to start making strides in returning. I definitely felt the loss of not being around such body positive people lately. It’s interesting how easily all the old baggage can creep back into your mindset, especially when you’re in a new situation that already throws you a little off of your confidence. My new job is going pretty well. I’m experiencing the doubts that any new teacher would experience, but it’s been a lot of fun and I’ve been inspired by what my students are writing and thinking. That said, I’ve definitely lost myself in the mountain of work, so I’m going to try better to balance out my life with the things that fulfill me beyond my job. After all, a writing teacher needs to write, right? (In my absence, I’ve also grown increasingly nerdier than before. You’ve been warned.)

My family decorated the house for Halloween today, so I decided that Lola needed to wear her Halloween costume in celebration. Something about seeing her in her cute-as-a-button pumpkin costume made me inspired to create my own Halloween outfit, one that I could wear to teach in and not be “too” Halloween and costume-y.

I’ve had this dress from ASOS for a couple weeks, and the lace at the top reminds me of spider webs so it all felt perfect my Halloween inspired outfit. The dress is quite thin, so I had to wear an under dress and tights. Something to keep in mind if you’re buying it for the fall/winter season. I love the lace top though. I don’t have very strong shoulders, but it still fit me appropriately. I loved that the lace portion still allows for modesty, which is a must for teaching clothes.

As much as I love my dress, the real stand out is Lola. Isn’t she adorable? She cracks me up because she doesn’t seem to be bothered at all by her costume. We played ball outside and she took a nap in it. Lucky for her, I’m too poor to buy her a bunch of dog clothes, so she’ll only get this kind of fun around Halloween.

ASOS Dress, We Love Colors tights, Inspire Wedges, ASOS belt

I don’t have plans for Halloween besides teaching classes (I feel old), but I do have a bonfire to attend the weekend before.

What are your plans? I’d love to hear what you plan to wear costume-wise or just inspired like mine here.

Oh! During my absence I was featured on Evans’ site. I love working with Evans, and they always let me dress my shape however I choose. I love that they are putting their customers in contact with different bloggers of various shapes and bloggers, and I’m very thankful that they included me!

1. Nicole permalink
    October 14, 2012 4:50 pm

My best friend and I are dressing up as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum for a costume party! I can’t wait!

2. October 14, 2012 7:16 pm

I LOVE THIS LOOK. All-black is my favorite.

3. Nicky permalink
    October 15, 2012 4:48 am

Great to see you blogging again :D

What a great outfit, demure but still a tiny bit sexy. I must check ASOS out – it’s been a while.

Lola looks great too. So funny that she’s not even bothered about being dressed as a pumpkin.

I won’t be dressing up on Halloween, but I work with kids so my managers going to bring in lots of props for our Halloween party. No doubt I’ll be a kitten eared, lei wearing, green faced witch…or something similar xD

4. October 15, 2012 6:10 am

Dang you’re pretty and I love the outfit. A bit of lace can be styled sexy or demure, which is why I love it. Your dog is the cutest!

5. October 15, 2012 1:45 pm

Welcome back! I really missed your posts, so Im glad youre back to blogging!

Love the dress on you! Lola is TOO cute!!!

6. Natalie permalink
    October 15, 2012 9:19 pm

Oh, Lola looks ADORABLE! I love that dress, it looks great and it does kind of look spiderwebby! I don’t have any plans for Halloween as we don’t celebrate it here.

7. October 16, 2012 12:20 pm

Oh my, you look absolutely STUNNING! I regret now that I didn’t snatch this dress up when I had a chance seeing as now it’s out of stock. Woe is me. Lol.

I found this adorable Pirate Wench costume from Spirit Halloween that I need to order. Hopefully it fits! I’m so excited for Halloween. It’s my favorite holiday. :)

8. October 17, 2012 8:07 am

Beautiful Outfit. I love the dress, I love the belt and I love the dog :-)))

XX,
    Jenny

October 17, 2012 9:33 pm

I’ve been thinking about you and knew that you were busy adjusting to your new job and would need some time to get into a flow. I am so excited for you! I am wishing for a new job but everything is so unsure out there. You are one of the lucky ones who got a position after school. Sometimes school will seem like a breeze compared to work. I love your dress. It looks so glam. Try a little black crock or velvet belt with it. Lola is a ham in her costume. She is such a good sport. Glad you’re back! Oh and Is that a few highlights I see in your hair? Me likey!!!!!!

10. October 22, 2012 7:56 pm

I looked at this dress so many times and now you are making me sad I didn’t get it! It looks so good on you! And I dress up my English Bulldog as a pumpkin too… it’s so fantastic! LOL

11. October 24, 2012 9:09 pm

Beautiful dress & love your blog! Btw I’m hosting a free giveaway for a spiked beanie & camo jacket feel free to enter. I’m following you now :)Would you like to follow me?

XOXO,
    Yvette

12. October 28, 2012 8:17 am

Yay, you’re back! :D You look so sweet in that dress, simple but lovely as always. Lola is gorgeous! x

13. October 28, 2012 7:55 pm

I’m so glad to see a post from you!
    What a lovely dress.
    I have no Halloween plans; I haven’t had Halloween plans in years. Halloween is my mom’s birthday and I’m pretty bummed I’ll be away from her on her birthday-the first time I’ve been away from her on her birthday.

I’m glad your teaching job is going well. =)

14. Uhte permalink
    November 3, 2012 3:57 pm

Du siehst so gut aus…bin richtig neidisch auf Dich. Liebe Grüße von Uhte

15. November 8, 2012 4:12 pm

Your dog is such a cutie! And I love your hair! It looks so classic.

J x