OOTD: Birthday Dress

February 8, 2014

Tonight my family took me out to celebrate my latest birthday. We went to a cozy dinner at a modern Mexican cuisine restaurant, and it was super yummy. When I was thinking about what to wear, it took me a bit to figure out because I tend to already be the most over-dressed at every family occasion. I’d love to go super over the top in a birthday dress, but then I know that the majority of the people sitting around me will be in jeans (welcome to the south!). I had not had a chance to wear this Pinkclove.co.uk dress yet, so I went for it, and my sis snapped a few shots before we left.

raIMG_9231

raIMG_9227

raIMG_9223

raIMG_9236

raIMG_9241

Pinkclove.co.uk dress, Avenue wedges, H&M purse

What do you like to wear on your birthday?

P.S. Guess how much this dress costs? 10 dollars!!!

P.P.S. Lola says hi.

raIMG_9218

1. TeachFlees permalink
    February 8, 2014 9:49 pm

I liked your last dress from Pink Clove so much that I actually just ordered a few myself. Can’t wait for them to arrive!

2. February 8, 2014 11:31 pm

Love the dress. Thank you for sharing Pink Clove, I bought two dresses off there the other day and can’t wait to get them. I just hope I got the sizing right. If not…hello spanx! Do you find the sizing to be about right?

• February 8, 2014 11:36 pm

Ohh! What’d ya get? I have found the sizing to be good- as long as you’re converting to uk sizes correctly!

• February 8, 2014 11:38 pm

I purchased two dresses one was just a black skater dress and a floral one.

3. February 9, 2014 12:11 am

You look great and I love that dress. I will be in London on my birthday but I will just wear jeans. I feel uncomfortable in dresses and have no idea how to dress my body so I wear jeans and whatever shirts I find on clearance at department stores. I think I went through so many years of my grandma cutting me down about my body that I just try to hide it.

4. February 9, 2014 1:18 am

I am loving the fun and prices of Pink Clove. …

5. February 9, 2014 7:05 am

You look wonderful in this dress!

I also discovered Pinkglove a few weeks ago and ordered some things. I am also impressed.

6. February 9, 2014 9:55 am

First Happy Birthday! And secondly you FAB is that dress. Great color and fit. You are always surprising us readers.

7. February 9, 2014 1:48 pm

You’re the first person I’ve seen in the dress and you look fabulous. Happy belated birthday!

8. Tracey permalink
    February 9, 2014 5:21 pm

Happy belated Birthday! You look gorgeous in that dress!!!

9. February 9, 2014 6:25 pm

Happy belated Birthday. <3 You look so amazing. This dress suits you great and I adore your smile. :) xoxo

10. February 10, 2014 11:24 am

Great set of photos! The dress cuts a gorgeous figure on you. I really love the black and white dress against the floral backdrop. I’m always the most overdressed person at family functions because I love any excuse to dress up. Everyone just comes to expect it, now. I’d rather be overdressed than underdressed! Plus, I don’t care what anyone else is wearing. I assume they’re wearing what they want, so I leave well enough alone. And I expect that in return. :-)

Liz

11. Katie permalink
    February 13, 2014 7:34 am

I really like this dress on you. The length is perfect and shows your hourglass shape.

P.S. Your sister takes great pics :)

12. Amy permalink
    February 14, 2014 5:26 pm

I love your blog and think that you look beautiful in your pinkclove birthday dress! Many happy returns x

13. Amy permalink
    February 14, 2014 5:29 pm

Oh and your bag is super lovely!

14. February 19, 2014 7:46 pm

Happy Belated Birthday!!! :-)

15. May 3, 2014 11:18 am

You look fab! My birthday is coming up soon, and I can’t wait to do my first OOTD.