OOTD: After the Snow Melts

February 15, 2014

As is typical in North Carolina, we went from very cold weather to kinda warm weather within the span of a few days. I took a cue from the sun to wear a winter-ish outfit that requires it to not be too cold outside. I got this H&M dress about a month ago from their online store, and I’ve been toying around with different looks. It’s really a piece that allows you to dress it up or down, and this time I chose to dress it a little up.

raIMG_9281

This dress has a sheer yoke and sleeves, as well as long skirt. I love that the sheer is heavy enough that I feel comfortable wearing such a short lining underneath (or at least short for me). I paired it with jewelry from F21, belt from ASOS, and clutch from Zara.

raIMG_9287

raIMG_9269

The skirt also has slits on both sides which gives the dress great movement as you walk.

raIMG_9268

H&M dress, Zara clutch, ASOS belt, F21 earrings and bracelet

I could imagine this dress working really well with a cool, sporty jacket as well as being worked with a fancier coat/cardigan. The maxi length makes it a good transitional piece from winter to spring, as well.

Are you already thinking of and dressing for spring, or are you still fully winter? Is your fashion seasonal or do you wear the same kinds of things year round?

1. February 16, 2014 1:15 am

Oh man! I wish we had H&M here in Australia, that dress is amazing!

2. February 16, 2014 2:59 am

Love that dress, looks awesome on you :)

3. February 16, 2014 4:15 am

I never fully dress for winter. My wardrobe is a mixture of florals and colour which I wear whole year round….I was raised in the Caribbean so please don’t blame me! I love your outfit! I recon a dress like that would go really well with a statement necklace and bold lips!

4. February 16, 2014 5:49 am

love clothes

5. February 16, 2014 10:08 am

That dress is amazing! Love the way you styled it too with the gold accents.

6. February 16, 2014 11:18 am

I really like the dress =) I’ve never worn anything like that, short underneath and then sheer on top..but it seems nice =)

xoRosie
    Rosie’s Life

7. Elizabeth F. permalink
    February 16, 2014 2:00 pm

I absolutely LOVE this outfit! The dress looks great on u!

8. February 17, 2014 5:58 am

You look so stunning! :D

9. Debbie permalink
    February 17, 2014 9:11 am

Rebecca – you look stunning, as always! I’d love if you did a hair and makeup post too :)

10. February 17, 2014 8:21 pm

Spring! ONLY 30 days from today! March 20, 2014. Can’t wait. Just lovin’ that Zara clutch. Actually the entire look is simple and classic. Perfect!

11. February 18, 2014 4:22 pm

Hey, great outfit! I love that lipstick colour, where is it from? xx

12. February 19, 2014 4:06 pm

Why is this dress not available on the UK H&M+ site? :(

NaomI
    Diamonds n Pearls
    x

13. buffycarCarol permalink
    March 3, 2014 10:47 pm

That looks great! Do you wear wide width shoes? If so, where do you find them and are they comfortable. I love all of them but feel like they would hurt me so bad.

• March 4, 2014 9:31 am

I sometimes do and sometimes don’t. I mostly wear Old Navy flats, which aren’t wide, but some of my heels are. I’ve found good wide shoes at Avenue and at New Look. They definitely fit a little different for everyone, so I recommend trying one pair and seeing how it goes.

Why do you think they would hurt? The only thing I notice sometimes is that because they are wide, my feet may shift down farther in the shoes. Other times they fit my feet perfectly and are more comfortable than non-wide shoes.

14. March 23, 2014 2:42 pm

You look so glamorous and chic! I adore hard case clutch bags and this works SO perfectly with the rest of your outfit! Beautiful!