Looks I Love: Fatshion February Edition

February 22, 2014

This week I wanted to bring attention to the social fatshion movement that happens on Tumblr (and probably instagram-though I didn’t look there) every February. #FatshionFebruary is a tag on Tumblr where anyone can post pictures showing their daily fashions. What I like most about it is a) the community collaboration that happens, b) the focus on acceptance — anyone that identifies with faTshion, c) the relaxed, quick pics. These are not going to be highly stylized shots. These are people going throughout their day and stopping for a minute to participate in a larger movement. I love that. I looked over recent posts, and just selected some looks that caught my eye. Click each picture to be taken to their individual Tumblr sites.

tumblr_n1beyhVCMq1qzd8cvo1_500 (1)

tumblr_n1dph3as5D1qaf3i7o1_250

tumblr_n1e2a4r3Mz1tqqkm1o1_1280

tumblr_n1f4qfJcak1qbk34ro1_500

tumblr_mizye2zaFx1qzr6v7o10_250

??????????

1. February 23, 2014 7:06 am

Awesome! Some gorgeous looks in there, I’m off to get lost on tumlr! xx

2. February 23, 2014 4:38 pm

Although I love highly curated photo shoots, I’m even more inspired by these off-the-cuff outfit photos. I love seeing what people choose to wear in their every day lives, and I love celebrating the diversity of everyday looks.

3. February 24, 2014 6:48 pm

What a positive community of unique women. Each one is special. Thank you for putting this collection of together. I too have been inspired.

4. KEVIN permalink
    February 24, 2014 7:59 pm

Hi Rebecca and al the ladies
    My sister goes to this website
    It called GWYNNIE BEE.COM
    it has all the name brand clothes but its funny but nice
    You pick the style you want lets say $75 a month 3 or four dresses
    its more like renting you pay that amount til it pay for or if you like it send it back
    the first month its free its like a club you see the women each month and delivery its
    FREE Gwynnie Bee.COM CLOTHING WITHOUT COMMITMENT

5. February 25, 2014 11:39 am

Great collection of looks! I loved seeing the new Cut for Evans kaleidoscope pants in there!

Liz