OOTD: Simplicity is not lost on me

February 27, 2011

I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again and again, I love simplicity. I admire bloggers who are able to somehow figure out how to layer and accessorize their outfits into existence, but I admire those who keep it simple. Jay from Fatshionable.com reminded me in this post here how nice a simple white shirt with a great pair of jeans can look. Especially for a day when you are going to shop and will be in and out of clothes trying things on.

I wore jeggings from Yours Clothing (a different pair than my owl post — these one’s are less tight) and a plain white long-sleeve tee from Old Navy.

I added in a turquoise necklace from Forever21 for a pop of color. This ended up being the perfect shopping outfit, since I spent a good amount of time trying on clothes.

Outfit Details: All links will take you directly to product.

Top: Old Navy This is the scoopneck version (closest I could find)

in the straight-sized section. I find that these can fit plus pretty easily. I wear the XXL.

Jeggings: Yours Clothing

Flats: Old Navy (last year)

Necklace: Forever21

Purse: ALDO (last year)

1. February 28, 2011 6:55 pm

My favorite outfit has always been a white t-shirt and jeans. I wish I could keep white t shirts clean, I always dribble. I will also say that this is my favorite on anybody, I fell in love my husband in that ensemble. Did you get any good buys?????

• March 3, 2011 9:59 pm

Yeah, That’s exactly why I will only buy cheap ones from Old Navy! I feel like I’m one big napkin sometimes :). I did get some good buys! Keep an eye out for them in some upcoming posts!

2. March 1, 2011 12:47 am

Love this outfit! It is amazing how such a simple outfit can look so great! So easy to just throw on, but effective! I don’t wear white often, but this makes me want to rush out and buy a white top!

• March 3, 2011 10:01 pm

Thanks, Natalie! Sometimes I just like to put on a white tee to convince myself that I have a little bit of a tan :).

3. March 3, 2011 8:05 am

I agree that simplicity can look polished and quit chic. You can show off with accessories and put the focus on your face/hair. Over here it ain’t time for white tees just yet. Waiting for it though.

• March 3, 2011 10:04 pm

Where I live one day it will be warm and the next very cold. It’s a tease until we get into April 🙂

4. March 3, 2011 11:49 pm

I cant tell you how much I love this! White tee-shirts are so wonderful for keeping an outfit simple. I used to shy away from them because I have a “spilling problem”- but my mom found some stuff called Soil Love that will take *anything* out of clothing, so I’ve been trying to stock up on them! I personally like the thin cotton ones from Avenue, and I usually size up because I like mine a little bit slouchy!
    Also- your necklace is gorgeous!!!

5. March 5, 2011 10:05 am

I really love your outfit because i prefer simplicity!
    I have nearly the same necklace in blue from dorothy perkins