Five Take: Midi

June 25, 2011

Hello everyone! I’m sorry that I’ve been MIA this week. My 1st summer session is coming to a close, which means writing, research, writing, and some more writing. Today I was able to take a nice break with the family, so I enjoyed the lake and went to see Super 8 (which was super good).

After 23 years of owning the same boat (and the last 6 or so trying to get the dang thing to run), my parents finally decided to replace the boat, so we definitely had to take it out for a ride.

Old boat:

New boat:

An improvement, huh?!

The lake was beautiful today, and since I thought we were only going for a short ride, I stupidly did not apply any lotion. The view was great, but my new sunburn sucks.

After a short hiatus, Five Take is back! For those who don’t know about Five Take, Nicole, Claire, Elizabeth, Beth and I all take on  an item/trend/theme once a week and show our “take” on it. Even though we use the same theme, all of us show a different side of it, so definitely check out their posts to see what they’ve done.

As for me, the only midi length item I own is my Evan’s accordion pleat skirt. I wore it once here, and decided to change up the vibe of the skirt. I decided to take it from vintage to romantic, with lace and pale pink accents.

I  used my lace dress that I’ve worn here and here as a top to add a different texture to the look. P.S. The pink skin is not a great accessory, hah.

I brought in pale pink accessories through my necklace, cocktail ring, and clutch.

The necklace tended to get lost in the mix, and I had to continuously pull it back on top of my tank because it had a habit of falling into the.. umm abyss.

Although I love big, blingy cocktail rings, they sure do take up a lot of space on my short fingers. Oh well 🙂

(Top/Dress: Macy’s (no longer available), Skirt: Evan’s, Shoes: Torrid (NLA), Ring & Necklace: Forever21 (NLA), Purse: Aldo)

So what do you think? Do you wear midi length skirts/dresses? How do you like to style them?

Make sure to check out Nicole, Claire, Elizabeth, Beth to see what they do!

1. June 25, 2011 10:55 pm

Fabulous outfit! I really like the skirt (I also have it!) but I wish Evans would do it in a variety of colours.

Also, its beyond cool you have a boat! I love boots & water, any excuse to get on a boat & im there!

2. June 26, 2011 10:43 am

Fancy boat! Love the outfit, as always! 🙂

3. June 26, 2011 11:25 am

LOVE this outfit – very, very nice!!! With sunburn, they tell you know that part of your post-sunburn-defense is to take an aspirin – it reduces the inflammation. Also I think the idea of a Take Five is brilliant!

4. June 26, 2011 12:56 pm

You look super classy! I really love how you’ve paired the dress with the lace top!
    Now I want the same skirt! lol

5. June 26, 2011 7:47 pm

Rebecca, The skirt is fabulous! I love it (and now of course want one!) Actually the whole outfit!

Nice boat! Did your hair get lighter in the sun? As always, looks so pretty!

6. June 26, 2011 10:42 pm

I love that length and I think it’s pretty universally flattering. Also, I keep telling my husband we need to find a friend who has a boat – so fancy!

7. Izabelle permalink
    June 27, 2011 1:00 pm

I have thought of buying a skirt like that but havn’t yet. The job money from this summer havn’t come to my conto yet. 😉 I think I own like one or two midi lenght summer dresses. I style them with sunburn, nailpolish and maybe a ring or a scarf in my hair.

8. June 27, 2011 8:05 pm

Beautiful! I really like this outfit! I’m actually a big fan of mid-length skirts… they just have this vintagey 50’s vibe to me which I love. I actually have quite a few of them that are in my “work-clothes” rotation. I tend to wear them with embellished knit or woven tank tops and cute cardigans. Then I’ll add trendy accessories like chunky belts and necklaces. My shoes just depend on how I feel that I day… I’ll rock ballet flats all the way up to 5 inch heels. Office friendly and fun! ❤

9. July 2, 2011 9:20 am

I love this ultra-femme look. So very pretty.

10. July 6, 2011 6:10 am

How much do I love that skirt and top? LOTS! So cute, girl!

1. Five Take … Midi length (Also day 15 of 30 for 30) « A Monkey Fatshionista