OOTD: After the Storms Roll Through

July 27, 2011

Guys, I’ve been eyeballing August and willing it to get here faster. After enjoying the summer months of May and June, July has officially pushed me past my breaking point, and I’m ready for North Carolina to cool down. I got a spark of that Autumn-is-coming weather after a storm rolled through the other week. It was finally cool enough to wear more than shorts and a top, so I took that moment to wear out my new American Rag jacket.

I kept it summer appropriate through the coral color of the jacket and with my cropped jeans, and I even felt cool enough to wear jewelry again, lol.

Looking back at these pictures, I see that the collar is not up on both sides. I’m going to blame that on my photographer for not telling me ;).

I really love how this jacket has an elastic gathering on both sides of your waist. It helped the jacket conform to my body and made it have a structured shape.

There’s also elastic in the back before the fabric drapes back out towards the bottom, which is perfect for me since my body is larger around my hips.

The necklace is something I picked up at Nordstrom’s Junior section. They had a lot of interesting pieces for less money, so I snagged this when I saw it.

Shop: Jacket (I got this jacket much cheaper in store–check there first if you can!),

V-neck Tee, Jeans (light version is the only one left), Shoes, Necklace — similar, Bangles — similar

Are you ready for fall or holding on tight to summer? How do you beat the heat with your clothing choices?

1. July 27, 2011 8:58 am

I love, love, love your jacket. This is just classically adorable. CUTE!

2. July 27, 2011 9:07 am

Very pretty jacket! Love the necklace & shoes too! I’m in Chicago, and we’ve only had about a month of summer, so I’m not quite ready for fall yet.

I’ve been wearing a lot of flowy things – skirts, dresses, tops. Non-clingy & flowy is the key to staying cool.

• July 27, 2011 10:28 am

Thank you for the comment, Piper! I’m sure living in Chicago makes you want to hold on to summer. The winters are brutal there! Yea, flowy is best. I’ve lived in stretchy dresses for the past couple months :).

3. July 27, 2011 9:24 am

Cute jacket! I love it with the white shirt underneath! I’m so glad that I bought the coral jacket I found on clearance at Target, but it doesn’t have cropped sleeves like yours does unfortunately. I haven’t had a chance to wear it since Cincinnati has been turned into Hades, but still…you’ve inspired a look for whenever I DO get the chance to wear it!

4. July 27, 2011 11:29 am

Yeah I’m ridiculously in love with coral! I’m sure you’ll look fab when you wear it 🙂

5. July 27, 2011 2:11 pm

I really want this jacket! You look awesome in coral too.. it’s def one of your colors and I love how you mixed it with gold and brown accessories. Looks great!

6. Tiina permalink
    July 31, 2011 4:14 am

Love it! The jacket’s beautiful and makes the outfit, though I love the simplicity and the matching colors of the accessories as well. @fansku

7. Lovelycurves permalink
    July 31, 2011 10:49 am

You’re so beautiful !
    Your blog is a nice discover

8. August 6, 2011 3:12 am

Great coral colour, you really work it. I’m trying to incorporate more jackets into my wardrobe.

It’s winter here in Australia, and I love it. I would be happy to live somewhere that was cold year ’round. I just don’t cope with the heat.

9. August 7, 2011 4:26 pm

WOW! That was really a smashing look on you 🙂 The coralred and the white.. The necklace, shoes, jeans! All perfect.

And if you want a fake “bun” out of your hair you should get the “magic sponge” on ebay. I hate doing my hair or rather.. don’t know how.. I tried cutting a straight hole in a sook first and that worked too! But the spongethingy was really great! Just found it.. So Im sort of ranting about it.. It’s like 2-3 dollars..
    Found it on another swedeblog http://www.karinskonstgrepp.se/2011/07/den-omojliga-frisyren-ar-nu-mojlig.html

OMG this sounds like a commercial.. I should get paid!

Love your blog, it’s on my top ten to watch every day ^ ^

// Ann-Charlotte