OOTD: Perfect Day for a Sweater

October 20, 2011

Firstly, I just wanted to say THANK YOU! to all of you who have been reading and to those of you who have just found my blog through Torrid’s FB page! All of your lovely comments just made my day, and they carried me through this past week, which has been a rough one. I’m nearing the end of my graduate program, which equals me being completely stressed out about my big research project. I finally got my proposal down this week, and I also asked my professor to be my project director–he said yes!

Beyond the boring school-blah-blah stuff, North Carolina decided to take a sharp turn to cold weather and lots of wind. I happen to love that kind of weather, so of course I had to pull out my first cold-weather knit of the season.

I definitely recommend a 3/4 sleeve undershirt with this sweater. It looks soft, but it’s pretty itchy!

Shop: Sweater (Old Navy), Jeans (City Chic), Shoes (Target), Double-Wrap Belt (Old Navy), Purse (Mulberry for Target), Ring (Forever21)

On my plans for the weekend are pumpkin-carving with my sister and a big family bonfire with lots of autumn-themed games and s’mores. I’m definitely looking forward to it, and I’m sure I’ll bombard you all with pictures :).

What’s your favorite cold-weather clothing item? Any fun plans for the weekend?

1. October 20, 2011 7:23 pm

I love the sweater I was thinking of buying it but it was too
    expensive, I love the color!

2. October 20, 2011 7:30 pm

SOUNDS LIKE A FUN WEEKEND! You look fab, good luck with your graduate project! XOXO

3. Suburban Sweetheart permalink
    October 20, 2011 8:28 pm

Cute! This is an everyday outfit for me up here in New Hampshire. 🙂

4. October 20, 2011 11:28 pm

My new fave outfit on you!!! It would have worked here too – windy, chilly, rainy …. definitely a day-brightener, this OOTD!

5. October 21, 2011 12:26 am

This is such a cute outfit! =) You look lovely!

6. October 21, 2011 8:48 am

Red shoes!! Love love love =)

7. October 21, 2011 4:18 pm

Love that sweater and the pop of purple in the flats!
    My favorite cold-weather item is definitely sweaters!!

8. ashylovesjohnny permalink
    October 22, 2011 2:36 pm

Love love love the outfit. I think fall is the perfect time to look fab, which you obv have no issue doing. Good luck on your project, and don’t stress too much! ❤

9. October 23, 2011 1:22 pm

I love this outfit! I bought a pair of burgundy flats at Kmart and I had been trying to figure out how to wear them… you’ve inspired me yet again!

10. October 23, 2011 5:48 pm

Ooo I love that sweater! It is just going into Summer here (I’m in New Zealand XD) but up until about mid-November I can still wear sweaters like this one pretty easily, as the weather here is pretty fickle and changes all the time! I love the skinny belt you’ve paired it with – until recently I haven’t been brave enough to go with skinny belts, and now that I have once I love them!
    And those shoes are a gorgeous colour! I haven’t seen any around here, I might need to go on a hunt!

11. October 24, 2011 8:33 am

Oh you look fantastic, I swear, everytime you post an outfit with jeans, you make me want to run out and buy a pair! I also really like the look of your bag!

12. October 24, 2011 4:10 pm

I love sweater weather! You look great, and I love your hair. I’m lucky if I brush mine in the morning. 🙂

13. Izabelle permalink
    October 25, 2011 7:35 am

You look like a classic beauty. Love the thin belt. I never wear those, I always feel like they make my tummy look bigger. But you rock this outfit.