OOTD: When Life is Disorganized

November 27, 2011

This past month has been a roller coaster, and my closet has definitely taken the brunt of my chaos. I can’t find items I know I own, and I seem to keep wearing the same colors or same outfits over and over again because they’re “easy”. If you’ve noticed in my last couple posts, black, gray, and white have been my staples, and red shoes are permanently on my feet. This outfit is no exception.

My family celebrated my sister’s birthday at a sort of nice but sort of casual restaurant, which are always fun to dress for since you never know which way to go. Luckily for me, I know that my family will always take the casual route, so I was allowed to continue my lazy way of dressing with my color staples. I slipped on this comfortable and cute cardigan I picked up at Evan’s, and went for my trusty City Chic jeans, Target heels, and black top for underneath. I got a free clutch from Suzi Chin for being one of the first visitors to her new site, so I ended up using that even though it doesn’t quite fit, and I stole jewelry from my mom’s dresser. (Okay, I really asked, but I like to pretend I’m not a complete “goody two shoes”). Funny enough, the pictures kind of capture my chaos well. My cardigan is uneven, and my deep jade nail polish looks really odd next to grey and black. Oh well, this is me. It wouldn’t be normal to not have these kind of photos pop up :).

ย

Here’s hoping I get my life.. and my closet.. back in order soon, huh?

What’s your go-to item when you’re in a rush/disorganized? Any tips on tackling my closet?

1. November 27, 2011 9:59 pm

The to go I put on is my lace top with a black top underneath it, on jeans or jeggings. It simple its safe.

2. November 27, 2011 10:02 pm

I know how you feel. Sometimes one is not in the mood to dress up, and keep going back to the basics. The outfit is super cute, the shoes are awesome.

3. November 27, 2011 10:03 pm

(I was too quick!) I love the cardigan! It’s so cute. And ofcourse the heels, wine red is one of my fave colors. I love to dress in black and grey. And everytime I try something else, I end up with “do they have it in black? Does it come in black? Nothing wrong with black in my opinion. But I love the outfit!

• December 19, 2011 7:25 pm

Yea, I color coded my closet today and realized I have a ton of black. But at least more colors are working their way in these days!

4. November 27, 2011 10:13 pm

My go-to is always these stretchy black pants (not quite leggings but not dress pants, either) with boots (flats if it’s warmer out) & a striped Old Navy 3/4-sleeve shirt, usually with a denim button-up over top. The easiest outfit ever. So reliable!

• December 19, 2011 7:27 pm

Sounds like it! I typically reach for the 3/4 sleeve. Works for cool or warm weather ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Tanya permalink
    November 28, 2011 12:47 am

My go-to outfit is a maxi dress with a shrug. Maxi dresses hide a multitude of sins, including legs that haven’t seen a razor in a few weeks, crappy sandals, and comfortable-but-unflatering underwear. Good thing is that, because I live in australia, its appropriate in both winter and summer.

• December 19, 2011 7:28 pm

lol Tanya! I definitely have to watch out for the non-shave legs. Why do you think I wear jeans so often ;)!

6. Taylor permalink
    November 28, 2011 1:09 am

My wardrobe staples are a belt and a basic black blazer. I can throw on jeans or leggings, a sweater or tshirt, my two staples and go. My make up staples are powder, mascara, and lipstick. With my staples, I can look glamorous in less tha 15 minutes ๐Ÿ™‚

• December 19, 2011 7:32 pm

I love pieces that work so interchangeably with everything else! I’m definitely a powder, mascara, and chapstick girl! ๐Ÿ™‚

7. November 28, 2011 2:33 am

My staples are jeans & some baggy top – its what im wearing today in fact! Love the cardigan. I wonder if Evans still have it … ๐Ÿ˜€

8. November 28, 2011 7:57 am

I have to be honest and say almost all days, I give myself room/time to get dressed so that I’m not harried. I do like to layer though, and I have to remind myself to not wear a “uniform” sometimes which is pretty much jeans, tank, blazer.

• December 19, 2011 7:35 pm

I need to be better about giving myself time, but usually I’m pretty dillusional about how long it takes me to shower/dry hair/get dressed..

9. November 28, 2011 12:29 pm

Not much advice here, but I also rely on black/grey/red shoes when things are rushed and disorganized. Loooove the clutch! Super fab.

10. November 28, 2011 5:27 pm

Cute outfit!!! My go to outfit is jeans, jeggins, and platforms. I also have a plus size blog

11. November 29, 2011 9:39 am

My go to is a pair of stretchy skinny purple cordouroy pants that I found at a thrift store (I think the brand is cotton candy? – never seen them in a regular store) with grey or black on top. The pants make me feel like I put effort in because they are kind of funky even though I really didn’t and they are super comfy at the same time. Love your cardigan!

I’m having the same trouble with my closet. I just did a big purchase from Torrid’s 50% off clearance and haven’t had time to get rid of the other stuff I don’t wear very often. Plus I made a Maurices impulse purchase online and have those things sitting on top of my other stuff and it’s all a big mess. This weekend I need to go through everything!

• December 19, 2011 7:40 pm

Ohh! Purple cordouroy! I’d love to see them! I’ve been getting into colored jeans lately ๐Ÿ™‚

12. December 1, 2011 1:15 pm

I don’t know how I missed this post! This outfit is sooooo cute, though! I love that clutch.

13. ะ˜ั€ะฐ permalink