OOTD: A Little Bit Hippie

December 15, 2011

I spent the evening going Christmas shopping with my brother, so I put together a warm, cozy outfit to easily go store to store. I’ve had this Ralph Lauren sweater for a few months but haven’t had the chance to wear it in it’s (mountain) hippie-ish glory, so today was kind of perfect for it.

In love with the pattern

Wearing my “wind chime” earrings, as I like to call them.

Sweater: Ralph by Ralph Lauren, Tee: Target, Jeans: City Chic, Shoes: Old Navy, Earrings: Nordstrom BP, Ring: Forever21

While this outfit isn’t completely stepping out of my style-comfort zone, it’s still unusual enough to stand out to me. I don’t typically go for such drapey sweaters, but they’re fun every once in awhile. Hopefully soon I’ll have something of actual interest to share with you all 🙂 I’ve been a little dry lately!

Do you like drapey sweaters or more fitted items? What about hippie or earthy outfits?

1. Polly permalink
    December 15, 2011 11:54 pm

I love that sweater – the colours are great on you too.

2. December 16, 2011 8:35 am

Love this sweater, the pattern is gorgeous and you look great! I’m definitely fond of hippy/bohemian outfits & earthy tones. 🙂 x

3. December 16, 2011 3:55 pm

adorable sweater. i’m jealous; i want it.

4. Jeniese permalink
    December 22, 2011 9:42 am

Umm can you pack that sweater up and send it too me?!?!?! I love it!!! hahaha! You look great!

• January 2, 2012 7:55 pm

Haha, thanks Jeniese! I wish we could all have a communal closet to share from! I’d be stylish every moment of life.

5. Jessica permalink
    March 17, 2013 5:53 pm

Rebecca, I love your jeans! Actually, I love the whole look. But I do have a question. I am a size 28, sometimes 30 depending on thefit of bottoms, and I have an apple shape..all belly, no booty unlike yourself. Do you think I could wear CityChic jeans?

• March 17, 2013 5:57 pm

I’ve noticed that City Chic has stopped carrying 28s 😦 for apple shape, I recommend lane Bryant jeggings or Evans. At Evans, I always find that the legs are smaller than the tummy/butt area, so I’d size them more toward your legs or go down 1 size. I have some jeans laying around from various brands that I no longer wear or have never worn that I’d be totally up for sending to someone to try. Let me know if you are interested!