Natalie over at XL as Life posted a “11 Things” meme, and her answers were so cute that I figured I’d do it myself. I love that these things get us to talk about little details of our lives that rarely spill over into our blog space, and I haven’t written a post like this in a long time so it’s a great break from the usual.
How does it work?
- Post the rules on your blog
- Write 11 things about you
- Answer it
- Create 11 new questions for the future tagged ones
- You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
- No tag backs.
11 Things About Me
- I prefer to whistle or think in the car rather than listen to the radio, etc.
- I have a special place in my heart for really horrible teen movies. I blame it on growing up with Mary Kate and Ashley movies.
- I used to have a lot of friends in undergrad, and since I’ve moved back home I’ve had a terrible time making friends that I see outside of school. It’s new to me. I don’t like it, and I’m having a hard time figuring out how to change it. Doesn’t help that my closest friends all live 1-5 hours away from me.
- Before I went to college, I thought that by the time I’d left undergrad I would be engaged. Little did I know that I would be completing my master’s degree without ever having been in a serious relationship. I’m okay with that.
- My favorite dress when I was a little kid was this blue gingham pattern dress with strawberries on it that I got, coincidentally, at the Strawberry Festival. I felt so pretty in it.
- I’m the messiest person I know. I like to look put together, but I tend to destroy the area I’m getting ready in while in the process of getting dressed.
- Even though I love English studies, I always “performed” better in math (according to tests). I never was at the top of my class, and I’m just now at a place where I see passion as just as important (if not more) as ability.
- I tend to mumble when I speak or merge words together, like I’m trying to talk so fast to get my idea out but my mouth can’t handle it.
- My favorite books are fantasy-ish (Harry Potter, Narnia, His Dark Materials), but they have to connect somewhat to real life in some way for me to really love them. (as in I don’t care to read about completely different planets with aliens).
- Blogging has made me realize that my future can be more than just teaching.
- I sometimes jokingly say something is going to happen, and then it actually comes true. Happened so many times in college that it was kind of scary.
The 11 Questions Asked of Me
- What is your favourite male & female names? Female – I didn’t like it when I was a kid, but I’ve started loving my maternal grandmother’s name, Evelyn. Male – Hm.. I guess Isaac, but that preference might be there because I used to like a guy name Isaac, haha 🙂
- If you could only watch one TV series, what would it be? Hard to choose! I think my favorites are Project Runway or Top Chef, so either of them.. as long as they have new episodes all of the time!
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose? I’d love to move my whole family to Asheville, NC. It’s gorgeous and has just enough city life for me. I’d like vacation homes in London and NYC, though.
- Coffee or tea? Coffee, but with so much stuff in it that it barely tastes like coffee, haha.
- What’s your most treasured possession? Hm, two photo albums of me with my grandmother and photos of a friend that passed away when I was younger.
- Who is your favourite fictional couple? Kathleen Kelly and Joe Fox.. after he decides to stop being a jerk, of course.
- Unicorns or Dragons? dragons
- Do you have any phobias? Not that I know of. I definitely have fears, just not debilitating ones.
- Can you play an instrument? Yep, a little piano, clarinet, French horn, and a little flute. Although it’s been so long that the clarinet would probably be the only instrument I could play decently.
- What is your favorite fashion trend right now? The one I most wear is powerful floral prints. The one I’m most intrigued by is sorbet color palletes.
- What colour are your eyes? Hazel- greenish gray mostly with a ring of amber right around my pupil
11 Questions for You
- What was your most prized item as a child?
- Is there a blog post you wrote that you are particularly proud of? If so, why?
- If you won $8 million on a lottery ticket today, what would you do with it?
- Do you collect anything?
- If you were to describe yourself in three words what would you choose?
- Are you where you thought you’d be when you were younger?
- Was there any event that changed you forever on how you saw yourself or life?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is the funniest fashion trend you tried in the past and are horrified of now?
- What skill would you like to learn if you had the time, money, etc?
- Is there a character from a movie or book that is most like you?
Like Natalie, I don’t like to tag people, so if you feel like doing it, please do! Make sure you leave me a link to your answers!