Five Take: Movie Character

March 19, 2012

This week’s Five Take theme was channeling a movie character, and since I failed majorly at the 1990’s theme last week, I decided to pick a 90’s movie. I seriously spent hours looking into different 90s movies, and I didn’t find one that excited me until I looked into one of my absolute favorite movies: That Thing You Do. Even though it was a 90s film, the story line was set in the 60s, so I got to channel Liv Tyler’s character, Faye Dolan, in the scene where she runs into the appliance store because the Oneder’s song was playing on the radio.

Here’s a little video that shows the scene at 36 seconds into it:

(source)

Here’s my best Faye Dolan:

I channeled the look with Evans’ ankle length skinny jeans, an Eloquii sweater, and my hair pushed back by a headband. I switched some things up by adding the animal print shoes and going with the red lip color. I like to think of this look as Faye Dolan once she gets out of the small town and gets a (slight) wild streak.

Of course, I can’t be Faye Dolan without doing a little celebratory dance:

Since I missed last week, make sure you check out the Five Take ladies’ 90s AND movie character posts. I can’t wait to see which character they chose 🙂

These will be updated as the posts go up:

Becky at The Ramblings of Mrs. BeBe: 90s and Movie Character

Gina at Fat, Fit, Fine

Claire at A Monkey Fatshionista: 90s

Nicole at A Well-Rounded Venture: 90s

What do you think of my That Thing You Do look? Which movie character’s style would you like to try?

1. March 19, 2012 8:58 pm

Cute!! Really feeling the top and the shoes!

• April 20, 2012 3:04 pm

Thanks! I’ve had the shoes for years and barely wear them. I don’t know what’s wrong with me! haha

2. March 19, 2012 10:14 pm

Love it! So adorable.

3. bookworm28 permalink
    March 20, 2012 12:10 am

Love that green shade on you- you look great!

• April 20, 2012 3:04 pm

Thanks! I’ve been getting into green colors more. For awhile, I was all corals and reds. Time to expand my choices 🙂

4. March 20, 2012 1:22 am

SUPER CUTE! I love this look and definitely want to copy it when our weather gets better!

5. Jacki Anderson permalink
    March 20, 2012 5:54 am

Really cute! The color of the sweater looks great on you, and I love the red lips!

6. March 20, 2012 2:46 pm

How fun! You look very pretty! That is a fabulous shoe to wear with the outfit, adds just the right amount of flair!

7. April 13, 2012 11:46 pm

First off, I LOVE that movie so so much! How cute is Liv Tyler? You nailed her look so perfectly! The color of the top is fantastic and I love how you’ve paired the shoes with the whole look! Just fantastic!
    ♡ Brooke

• April 20, 2012 3:06 pm

Yay! A fellow lover of the movie 🙂 I love Liv Tyler in it. I have to admit I was torn between this and her character in Empire Records (thankful that I went for this one as the other is much more scantily clad, ahha). Thanks for the comment, Brooke!