Five Take Catch-Up: Florals

May 21, 2012

I wanted to say thank you to every one who commented on my last post. Your encouraging and loving words help me so much, and I’ll respond individually very soon!

A couple weeks ago, the Five Take group took on the floral trend, so I wanted to stop skipping the challenges and just do a catch-up week. Last year I was really into florals, but when I looked in my closet I wasn’t finding many prints that were exciting me. I had sold some pieces, and the ones left were kind of predictable. After many, many attempts at trying things in different ways, I decided to take a dress and change up its style by making it a skirt. (You can see my original outift here) My camera was malfunctioning, so the images are a little out of focus in some areas.

I added on this pink ASOS peplum top over the skirt to give it a different look than the smaller, striped section it typically has. I had to giggle at the peplum top because it’s supposed to give volume to the hips, but because my body is naturally built that way, it just kind of “fit”. The top has a line right where the belt is where the material comes together, so I put the belt over it to bring back in the purples in the skirt.

Because the outfit had a lot going on, I kept my jewelry simple with a pair of silver, filigree drop earrings from Forever21.

Torrid dress, ASOS peplum top, Eloquii belt, Forever21 earrings (similar)

I liked that this floral challenge pushed me outside of my typical outfit. It’s not often that you find me in skirts, and it’s the first time I wore a peplum top. Make sure to also check out the others’ posts to see how theyΒ took “florals”.

Becky at The Ramblings of Mrs. BeBe

Claire atΒ A Monkey Fatshionista

Gina at Fat, Fit, Fine

Nicole is currently in the process of moving, but if she ends up posting her floral five take, I’ll come back and link it πŸ™‚

What do you think of my take on florals? Do you like floral prints? If so, how do you wear them and what types of florals do you like?

1. Emily permalink
    May 21, 2012 8:44 pm

I love the floral print! You pulled it off!!! I feel like there aren’t a lot of fun skirts like the one above for a women with some curve. You always manage to look amazing!

• May 25, 2012 10:27 pm

Thank you so much, Emily! Plus size shopping definitely feels like a treasure hunt all. of. the. time!

2. May 21, 2012 8:46 pm

Such a pretty look on you!! I love the colour of the peplum top, so fresh. I’m craving the better weather over here do I can introduce some brights into my wardrobe!! Looking beautiful as always x x

• May 25, 2012 10:28 pm

Thank you!! I’m going to try to work in some pastels soon. I seemed to skip over them in the spring.

3. May 21, 2012 9:05 pm

This outfit was so worth the wait! It’s fabulous and the peplum top looks amazing on you!

May 21, 2012 9:15 pm

These are wonderful spring and summer colors on you. The little belt adds so much to the outfit. I like the peeptoe shoes too. Sometimes prints like these are “busy”, but this skirt is wonderful.

5. May 21, 2012 11:34 pm

Um, hello CUTE! Your top and belt are such a gorgeous colour combination – you look absolutely divine, Rebecca!

6. May 21, 2012 11:46 pm

Is that a new lip color I spy? It looks great on you!
    You’ve incorporated two trends into one outfit-and quite skillfully I might add. I love the addition of the belt and that top fits you perfectly.
    I’m so glad you’re back! I would check this site just about every other day but I knew you were busy with school and probably basking in not having to work on schoolwork once it was all over.

• May 25, 2012 10:30 pm

It is! I’ve been wearing more lipstick lately. Love it! thanks for sticking by me, Courtney πŸ™‚

7. May 21, 2012 11:53 pm

I love the floral skirt, it’s beautiful on you. I’m excited to try the whole peplum craze, this coral blouse is fabulous!

8. Jacki Anderson permalink
    May 22, 2012 5:37 am

Love this look on you. The shape and color of the top is really pretty, and I love how the belt pulls the skirt back in to the whole look. Earrings are great too! Wondeful outfit.

9. May 22, 2012 10:15 am

Love the outfit! I wouldve never thought to pair the peplum top with a flowy skirt. It looks wonderful on you!

• May 25, 2012 10:33 pm

Thank you! I love your post with the pencil skirt/peplum. That’s next on my list πŸ™‚

10. May 22, 2012 1:34 pm

Awesome outfit!!!! Really want that ASOS top now!

11. May 22, 2012 1:47 pm

Cuteness! I just got pointed to your blog today, and I am now a new follower!

12. May 23, 2012 7:51 am

Very cute! Taking a dress and pairing it with a different top for a skirt effect is a great idea. I have a few dresses I could try that with, though no florals . . . hmm. Guess that just means I need to go shopping.

13. May 23, 2012 10:41 pm

You look absolutely stunning. I applaud your sense of style and confidence πŸ™‚ HUGE FAN <3333

14. May 25, 2012 4:10 am

Yup, I love florals! I have floral dresses (I had an outfit post with it too!) but no floral skirt as of yet. πŸ™‚

• May 25, 2012 10:35 pm

This is a dress too! Maybe you can change yours into a skirt (by just putting a top over it) to get a skirt effect πŸ™‚

15. Natalie permalink
    May 25, 2012 10:05 am

You look stunning, as always. I really want to pick something with a peplum up, I love the look of them!

1. Five Take Catch-Up: Stripes « theplussideofme