Five Take Catch-Up: Bird Print

May 25, 2012

Confession: This week’s Five Take had me really, really wanting to title the post “Buy, Buy Birdie” (as in Bye, Bye Birdie). I thought it was hilarious. Sometimes I shock myself at my own nerdiness.

For those of you who read the other Five Takers’ blogs, you may already know that our dear member Claire has a certain love for bird print. If anyone knows how to wear it, it would be her! I have a couple bird print items, and items with the print always seem to catch my eye, but I very rarely actually wear it. I decided to take back out a bird print dress that I wore for a previous Five Take.

Even though the picture doesn’t show it well, I tied the belt a little lower thank last time and it made a triangular shape under the bust. It definitely help with the odd fit issues I had last time I wore it. I love the vivid blue color of the dress, so I decided to stick with cognac browns and pops of orange.

This look features something that you all very rarely see. My hair up! I’m really weird about my uneven hairline, which looking at this picture seems so silly. But now that summer is here, my hair is going to be up much more often.

Eshakti dress, Avenue wedges, Urbanog purse

I’m glad this Five Take challenge came up because it renewed my love for this dress. I especially liked pairing it with orange tones and browns. You’ll have to check out the other Five Take ladies to see how they do bird print!

Becky at The Ramblings of Mrs. BeBe

Claire at A Monkey Fatshionista

Gina at Fat, Fit, Fine

Nicole at A Well-Rounded Venture

Is bird print a love it or leave it trend for you?

1. May 25, 2012 9:39 pm

Cuuuute! That color is amazing on you, and I love the accessories. I don’t like bird print (or birds), and yet I’ve wound up with two bird-print dresses. Anything is better than butterflies, I’ll take what I can get -_-

• May 25, 2012 9:51 pm

Lol! I used to have a deep hatred of butterfly prints. Somehow two of those ended up in my closet this summer!

2. May 25, 2012 10:36 pm

I have all sorts of issues wearing my hair up. LOL! I wast bullied mercilessly as a child because my ears stick out a bit, so I’ve always been rather reluctant to display them to the world. The older I get, though, the less I actually care. Mostly, I just like my hair down. I feel most like “me” that way. =)

We’re totally dress buddies! I’m still not sure whether the cut of this is flattering on me. It’s packed up at the moment, but once we move I’m totally going to wear this in an OOTD again, and see what I think. =) It looks so beautifully flattering on you, and I love it paired with cognac and orange. Great combo!

3. Elena permalink
    May 26, 2012 2:58 am

Hello 🙂 !!
    perfect blue – wonderful dress!! I own 3 dresses.. I love dresses, thats not the point – I just can´t wear them all day… no space between the legs/ thighs… :/ how are you prevent rubbing???!
    But your blue-birdie-dress looks so cute – I would wear it for sure!!
    PS:I didn´t looked at your hairline until I read that you think that it´s kind of “uneven”.. nobody´ll see that except you 😉 so: don´t care about that: loooong hair without up-do: summer= warm=hot weather=sweaty … hair up: gorgeaus, airy, and your hair ist perfect ALL DAY 🙂 !!
    sunny regards from (near) stuttgart, Germany! (google maps 😉 )

4. May 26, 2012 4:56 am

The dress is beautiful you look so great and I think your hair looks great up xx

5. Jacki Anderson permalink
    May 26, 2012 6:18 am

Love the dress on you. And I had to laugh, because when I saw the first picture, my FIRST thought was, “ooh, Iover her hair pulled back from her face”! Then I read your comment about you crazy hairline. I went BACK and looked at the picture and, to me, in the picture it looks really even. I have a nasty hairline in the back – maybe that is what you meant. In the front, I have a slight widow’s peak but it is off center. Sometimes it seems ya can’t win. But my final word is, I love your look!

6. May 26, 2012 8:54 am

I love your hair up – it makes your cheekbones pop and your neck look nice and long. I have a similar dress from eShakti (this guy: vhttp://www.eshakti.com/Product/CL0022599/The-birds-who-gossip-dress). Love the print, but there’s something about the fit of it on me that makes it weird. Might be that the V feels too low not to wear something under, but anything under also looks kind of…odd. The length is also a little weird on me, so I might have to get it taken up. Do you have other pieces from there? I love their stuff, but admit that I’m probably too lazy to actually measure myself to get the fit that I need. I don’t have much of a waist, so it’s a great site for someone who’s kind of in between different sizes, but … I don’t know. Anyhow – point is, you look super chic (especially with your hair up! Kind of like Charlotte from SATC). Love the orange and blue!

7. May 26, 2012 9:36 am

You look AMAZING!!

8. Maria permalink
    May 26, 2012 8:37 pm

Lovely dress and it looks great on you! I would have never thought to pair it with the orange-y purse and cognac shoes, and I have to tell you that I LOVE it. Great job!

9. May 27, 2012 10:25 am

I love love love bird print, but I see very little of it out and about when I’m shopping. This dress is just gorgeous on you.

10. May 28, 2012 3:15 pm

I love that color blue on you! I remember this dress from when you wore it last time. I think wearing the belt a bit lower really works. Also the orange pop of your bag is amazing!

11. June 2, 2012 2:49 pm

OMG that dress look AMAZING on you!!! I love it!!!

12. thefatgirlwho permalink
    June 8, 2012 2:13 pm

It breaks my heart that Eshakti doesn’t ship to the UK! 😦 You look amazeballs! Gorgeous lady! x

13. Kate permalink
    June 9, 2012 4:45 am

OMG we have the same dress, i LOVE it, it looks amazing on you, its nice to see how someone else wears it. I love the orange bag and simple shoes, a look i may have to borrow 🙂

14. Nati permalink
    June 13, 2012 8:22 pm

Love it! where’d you buy the dress?

15. Crystal permalink
    June 25, 2012 1:57 pm

I was told eShakti sizing was weird, can I ask what size you got and what height you put in while ordering? I’d really like to order a dress for their 4th of July sale! I was told I should add 2 inches on my height and go 2 sizes up (for standard non-customized sizes). Do you think this is right? You look amazing in that dress btw!!! 🙂

• June 25, 2012 9:36 pm

I did custom sizing, so I’m not sure what to tell you about which size to get. I will say that I will put I’m taller next time. The dress was a little short for me, but I’ve heard others say the opposite! Sorry I can’t be more help :-/!

16. Marisa Christine permalink
    July 18, 2012 10:23 pm

I love this dress…the blue really makes your skin, hair and eyes glow. That bag is genius too.

1. Buy Buy Birdy!* « A Monkey Fatshionista