Five Take Catch-Up: Sheer

July 26, 2012

Between the belts and fluorescent five takes was the Five Take: Sheer theme, which I had skipped because we were going through lots of rain that week. Today, we finally had perfect summer weather, so I decided to play catch-up with my Five Take post.

I’ve been really excited to wear this dress that I purchased from Domino Dollhouse. Marie Denee wore it in a post last week, and seeing how amazing she looked reminded me that I needed to get the piece on my blog as soon as possible. I love how Marie wore it flowing freely with the neckline slightly lower. I decided to belt it and wear it with the neckline as high as possible.

The large portion of the polka dot really makes this dress dramatic, which is what I love about it! I wore a black slip under the dress, but you can see where it ends right by my knees. This dress would look perfect over a swimsuit or under garments for the more adventurous.

I purchased the 4X, and I thought that the dress would be more flowy on me. I’m thinking that because I’m only 5’4″, the section of the dress that becomes more voluminous sits lower on me than it would if someone was 5’6″+. (that plus I have a big bum!).  Because I had tied the neck as tight as possible (there are drawstrings in the back with a keyhole), the length was perfect, but it could definitely sit longer if you allow the dress to have straps like in Marie’s post.

At first I had added a coral belt, but ultimately decided to go with gold. I love the addition of metallic to this dress, and next time I wear this, I would add a metal necklace and go sans belt.

I like that this dress is sheer, but not so overwhelmingly sheer that I’d be nervous to wear it around town. I typically like sheer in small doses, but this dress showed me that an entirely sheer piece can be fun and sophisticated.

Shop: Domino Dollhouse Maxi Dress, ASOS Curve belt, Earrings gifted from my sister

Make sure to check out how the other Five Takers wear sheer!

Becky at The Ramblings of Mrs. BeBe

Claire at A Monkey Fatshionista

Gina at Fat, Fit, Fine

Nicole at A Well-Rounded Venture

Do you like the sheer trend? If so, how do you wear it?

July 26, 2012 10:25 pm

I like the dress. You really don’t get that the green bottom is sheer until you are outside and see it. The gold belt is great with the dress. I love your lipstick! It is a beautiful color on you!

2. July 27, 2012 12:59 am

I do love this dress, I wasn’t really enthused by the collection like everyone else but this dress really is the stand out piece and you just look so beautiful in it!! X x

3. July 27, 2012 2:12 am

You look amazing lady!!! I wore it belted and high necklined on my post too :D! Great minds, eh? ;D! LOVE IT!! ❤

xx

4. July 27, 2012 4:47 am

It looks beautiful 🙂 xx

5. July 27, 2012 5:46 am

It really does look beautiful on you. You can totally wear the dramatic dresses!! beautiful!

6. Natalie permalink
    July 27, 2012 5:53 am

That dress really is amazing and you look great in it!

7. July 27, 2012 11:00 am

Oh my gosh, this dress is gorgeous! Love the way you styled it.

8. July 27, 2012 5:07 pm

Love it! You look amazing!

9. July 27, 2012 10:17 pm

I love it. The pattern is fantastical on you

10. Elena permalink
    July 28, 2012 5:24 am

Oh my gosh, THIS is such a beautiful dress!! the colours, the pattern, the length..♥!! You look really amazing!

11. July 30, 2012 12:26 pm

you look gorgeous in the dress, i think you styled it very well! and its so lovely! i need that dress! 🙂

Im currently hosting a giveaway on my blog would be great if you could check it out 🙂

xo
    Anita

12. Nicky permalink
    July 30, 2012 1:14 pm

First of all I’ve been reading for a while and I just want to say how beautiful you look in this dress. It’s gorgeous. You look amazing and effortlessly chic as always.

Secondly, thank you for continuing to update this blog with your photos, anecdotes and ideals. It has really helped me to feel more confident about my own body, and I have just ordered a pair of turquoise palazzo pants and a red blazer for a night out soon – all thanks to you. Usually I’m the girl in layers of black, trying to hide from social situations…well that stops now. I can’t thank you enough.

13. Izabelle permalink
    August 1, 2012 1:32 pm

You are so beautiful. And the dress too.

14. August 2, 2012 12:04 am

You look beautiful!

15. August 2, 2012 1:43 pm

Beautiful dress for a beautiful woman. You look fabulous!

16. August 18, 2012 8:58 pm

You look amazing in this dress! There are quite a few things from Domino Dollhouse that I’ve liked recently but I’ve always been hesitant to buy from them. Probably because their styling for the shoots, while fantastic, is always so unlike my personal style. I find myself thinking, “how can I wear that in my real life?” You’ve done a great job here showing how an edgy piece can be worn elegantly. Kudos!

17. August 31, 2012 5:21 am

you look beautiful and i absolutely LOVE LOVE that dress !

18. September 17, 2012 8:47 pm

Hi. I just found your blog by accident, but I love it! Subscribing. 🙂 Lovely dress, btw.

19. Makere permalink
    December 12, 2012 3:25 pm

I looooovvvve this dress, I wish we had it here!!!

1. 3 Years of Growth and Fashion | theplussideofme