OOTD: Christmas Day

December 27, 2012

Every year for Christmas, I ask for some specific pieces of jewelry and some items of clothing from various online stores (because we all know plus-size fashion is mostly available online). I almost never get these pieces because unless it can be purchased at Amazon.com or at a local store, my family isn’t going to buy it. Because of this, I was pretty shocked when I opened my gifts on Christmas Day and saw that my mother had bought me a jacket from DKNY that I had been wanting. Of course, I had to wear it the day of Christmas because I was so excited about it. I still need to take it to get altered, but I am already in love with the piece.

IMG_6430

I wasn’t necessarily going for originality with this look, so I put on the same cut of jeans and top that I wore a couple posts ago. I love this lace top, so it’s no surprise that it made another appearance. The jacket is primarily this shimmery sort of fabric. It picks up shinier than it looks to the eye on camera. It’s subtle but glam. Then add on a faux-leather trim, and this jacket is perfect for nights out and parties.

IMG_6447

The sleeves are a little too long on me, and I was pretty shocked that the sleeves ran a little large on my upper arms, which never happens. For those that don’t know. DKNY Jeans is one of the few designer lines at department stores that carry a 26/28 in tops, dresses, and jeans. If you are that size, I highly recommend checking out Macy’s selection of DKNY Jeans items. Unfortunately their DKNYC line does not carry up to 26/28.

IMG_6445

DKNY Jeans jacket, Kohls Apt 9 tunic/dress, Target shoes, City Chic jeans.

Did you buy or receive any fashion items this holiday season?

1. December 27, 2012 10:37 am

One outfit better than the other, looks amazing. ♥

2. melissajplum permalink
    December 27, 2012 11:39 am

Looking good!! Love the shoes!

3. December 27, 2012 2:56 pm

Super cute! The jacket is awesome.

4. studiouslinda permalink
    December 28, 2012 12:14 am

You look fabulous! I never knew DKNY carried plus sizes although I can’t afford DKNY anyway haha xx

x Hope you have a Happy New Year! x

P.S. Liked this post on Bloglovin 😉

December 28, 2012 4:49 am

The whole outfit looks sooo good on you. I love the shoes.

6. December 28, 2012 6:57 am

Part of the reason I love your blog so much is your body’s striking resemblance to mine. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone blogging about plus size fashion that I can look to and say “now I have a frame of reference to what this will look like on me”. Its so refreshing!

P.S. – Looking cute. That jacket is divine!

7. January 6, 2013 2:29 am

You are STUNNING! I’m so glad I happened on this blog.

8. January 6, 2013 5:03 pm

I love the jacket. The panels against the material are perfect. Had to spot your picture to one of my collections on SocialBliss. 🙂

9. Mander permalink
    January 14, 2013 6:49 am

Wow, I am totally jealous of this jacket! Did you get it at a department store or direct from DKNY? I’m definitely going to copy this as soon as possible! Glad I came across this blog.

10. Andi permalink
    March 27, 2013 12:26 am

I know this is an older post but which citychic jeans are these?