OOTD: When You Have the Blues

March 10, 2013

Thank you to everyone who was in and commented on my last blog post: 20 plus size fashion bloggers size 24+. I think it’s going to go down as my most viewed post ever, which is pretty damn exciting because it features so many wonderful bloggers. Definitely check out the comments, as so many more bloggers left links to their own sites. I am planning to do a second list in the next month or so, so keep an eye out for that!Β

I had a rough past week, so I went into self-care mode for the past few days. For me that meant:

61rY1cNODmL._SL1500_Bright pink nails This week it’s Butter London’s Primrose Hill Picnic

Comforting music from one of my favorite movies, You’ve Got Mail.

(Although this movie totally set me up for disappointment when it comes to online dating.)

tumblr_marud90oEF1rng96vo1_500(Source)

Giggling overΒ Pitch Perfect with my sister

pacific_northwest_iced_coffee

Going out for iced coffee (and, yes, sometimes even doing this takes extra energy when you are down)

I think somehow the weather had pity on me, and Saturday and Sunday had warmer, happier weather, so I finally felt up for wearing something that I like (another thing that makes me feel better) and sitting down to write a post. It’s casual and simple, but the polka dot printed shirt and the bright pink bag were just enough to perk me up.

rIMG_6602

rIMG_6601

Penningtons Polka Dot Denim Shirt, Lane Bryant Jeggings, Lane Bryant Purse, Target Merona Flats

What do you do when you have the blues?

1. March 10, 2013 9:10 pm

One of my favs as well, You’ve got mail. I am loving the pink nails and the polka dot denim shirt.

March 10, 2013 10:25 pm

I love this outfit! Big Pink purses are in this season and yours looks great. Beware of shoulder and arm pull. If you put everything but the kitchen sink in it, you will have a sore side. Haha. I have really had it happen.

3. March 10, 2013 10:31 pm

Loving that polka dot blouse! πŸ™‚ Lets not forget that cute pink bag?!! I hope you get to feeling better soon! More than I’d like to admit I’m full of the blues due to PTSD. While it may not always been seen in my pictures it’s forever an inside battle daily. I always paint my nails when I’m blue which is almost daily, watch chick flicks, read a book, or take Peanut in a walk. Its exhausting, and love I send you all my thoughts and we’ll wishes!

4. March 11, 2013 7:33 am

I’m pretty much like you when down – shopping, Starbucks, movies and my bulldog.

Cheer up lady! Your 20’s are nowhere near the best part of your life. I HATED my 20’s but my 30’s have been more than I could have ever hoped for.

5. March 11, 2013 2:45 pm

Love the shirt!! I hope you perk up soon!!
    Cheers to your Starbucks from mine! πŸ™‚

6. March 11, 2013 8:21 pm

Stage 1 involves eating my feelings and shopping; stage 2 usually involves me leaving the house and/or doing something productive. Stage 2 tends to be more useful in actually feeling better, but it sometimes can be so hard to make it to that point. I hope you continue to feel better, and you look adorable in those pics! (PS – I’ve watched Pitch Perfect SO MANY TIMES)

7. March 11, 2013 10:04 pm

Love your purse!
    I’m glad you’re engaging in self-care.

When I have the blues, I like to listen to upbeat music, workout (if I have the motivation to do so), and eat something I’m craving-sometimes it’s raspberries, sometimes it’s chocolate, and sometimes it’s my Gardein chick’n tenders.

8. March 13, 2013 12:30 pm

Glad you’re taking care of yourself. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do to make yourself feel better. And yeah, nice weather can definitely help! It was over 70 degrees here Sunday… such a nice break from the dreariness. Love the outfit too btw. That top is awesome!

9. March 14, 2013 3:00 pm

I like doing my nails and if I have the money and time, having my hair washed and styled. A bath is good too and just getting out of the house and window shopping. Relaxing stuff helps beat the blues for me, I guess. Sometimes I just curl up in bed and watch movies.

10. March 19, 2013 9:36 pm

Love the bag! I pamper myself with diy face masks, give myself a manicure, etc. whenever I’m feeling down. Putting on makeup and forcing myself to leave the house always helps too!

11. April 7, 2013 1:10 pm

WOW so much of inspiration! Love you xx ❀

12. Jo ro permalink
    April 23, 2013 9:26 pm

Love that top & your blog – I just discovered it.

13. April 25, 2013 1:20 pm

Love the outfit,especially the pink and denim combo! Looks great on you πŸ™‚

Check out my blog? http://everyoneshouldsparkle.blogspot.co.uk/ (travel, plus size fashion, make up, and general life chit chat!)
    I’d be super duper pleased!

x

14. April 28, 2013 6:04 pm

I love your bag!

http.helloannabeth.wordpress.com

15. May 24, 2013 7:28 am

I have the same polka dot shirt and I absolutely LOVE it! πŸ˜‰ I do the same and wear skinny jeans and flats, it’s casual and comfortable. I had a handmade owl bag that is colourful and quirky for this outfit, and I usually throw on my large frame black rimmed glasses, some owl earrings and I am ready to go! Love your blog, your style is very much like mine and I love looking at all the different dresses!

16. marsha phillips permalink
    July 30, 2013 8:24 pm

this is great just wish i could find some really cute clothes my size im a 22 /24 all the women are gorgous in the outfits in the pics keep it up

• July 30, 2013 8:33 pm

There are so many places that sell to a size 22/24! Old Navy, Torrid, City Chic, DEBshops, kiyonna. Email me if you want more πŸ™‚

1. 3 Years of Growth and Fashion | theplussideofme