OOTD: Wearing Kiyonna Day & Night

April 14, 2013

Yesterday was the first day in a long, long time that I felt good and had plans to see friends, so I wanted to make sure and take on the day in style. That afternoon I was meeting one of my closest friends for a little window shopping and a manicure, so I took my cue from the beautiful warm weather and took off in comfortable & chicย Kiyonna wrap dress. I had been holding on to the dress for weeks after receiving it as part of my subscription to Gwynnie Bee, and for some reason I didn’t like it on me a couple weeks ago but put it on yesterday and fell back in love. Funny how that can happen sometimes.

rIMG_6650

This dress is Kiyonna’s Winona Hi-Lo Wrap dress, and I love the color and cut of the top of the dress. I would like it a little better if the dress was not hi-lo, but that’s because I’m 5’4″, and hi-lo tends to almost hit the floor on me. You can’t see the back from this picture, but the hem probably dips about 6-8 inches lower than the front.ย You know it’s a good dress when you get compliments from strangers, so this dress is going on my “Must Buy” list since I’ll eventually return it to Gwynnie Bee for a new item (P.S. Definitely look into their service. It’s nice if you like to try new items but do not want to buy new items all of the time).

Later that day I was attending a wedding for one of my friends from college, so I chose a Kiyonna dress to wear again. It was definitely outside of my comfort zone because it was much more body hugging than I typically go, but I went for it anyway and really loved wearing it. Unfortunately, I’m a crap blogger and forgot to take a picture. Luckily, I did pose for one picture with some friends, so you can get a slight idea of what it looked like on me.

rIMG_0401

This is the Danika Draped Dress, and I like the cut so much that I’ve been contemplating getting the pink version too. Since I bought the dress on sale, they were already out of some sizes (including mine), so I sized down one. I definitely would go back to my normal size if I buy the pink one, so if you purchase this, follow the size chart to pick your size.

Yesterday was a beautiful spring-time day, and it brought me back to being excited about fashion. I love that these Kiyonna dresses saw me through both a casual and formal event, all while being so comfortable and put together.

What are your favorite spring time looks for casual and formal events?

*I was not compensated in any way by Kiyonna or Gwynnie Bee. I just happened to wear both dresses on the same day, so I decided to feature Kiyonna in this post :).

1. April 14, 2013 7:17 pm

Im glad youre feeling better and you look GREAT! Kiyonna has some fab dresses!

2. April 14, 2013 8:00 pm

That raspberry color is AMAZING on you.

3. April 14, 2013 8:46 pm

I agree! The raspberry color does look wonderful on you! I think my favorite item of clothing I’m most excited for are my new capris. I love capris in the spring and summer. And my new flip-flops!

• April 25, 2013 9:18 pm

I used to love capris, but I’ve been loving the ankle grazers more lately. I’ll have to dig out some of my older capris and give them a go again ๐Ÿ™‚

4. April 14, 2013 8:47 pm

I am a new subscriber to your blog and I am loving your fashion ideas.You look fabulous in both dresses, I especially love the Danika Draped Dress ๐Ÿ™‚

5. April 15, 2013 4:40 pm

You look fantastic in those dresses! I tried the green Hi-Lo dress and really liked it. I found that it was really long on me. The back came to almost the tops of my heels. But I really liked it that way. This is the URL if you want to check it out: http://www.divinemrsdiva.com/2013/03/sartorial-medley-green-goddess.html

April 15, 2013 10:31 pm

Those colors look so good on you and I love the draped style because it is so figure flattering. I am glad you are feeling better.

7. April 16, 2013 6:39 am

I like the first dress, the color is perfect for you, but the second dress really emphasizes your curves in a good way. You look cute in both ๐Ÿ™‚

• April 25, 2013 9:20 pm

Thanks! The “emphasizing curves” part of it honestly made me a little nervous, but I enjoyed wearing it ๐Ÿ™‚

• April 26, 2013 4:44 am

Well, rest assured, you looked good ๐Ÿ™‚

8. April 16, 2013 8:21 am

I own the hi lo dress in green and L-O-V-E it โ€ฆ โค โ€ฆย Love the red one, too, but it's not my colour. It's definitly yours. ๐Ÿ™‚ Suits you so fab. You are looking amazing. โค xoxo

9. April 18, 2013 9:25 am

Love love love the wrap dresses!!! So flattering for any and all shapes!! You are so beautiful love!!

1. OOTD: Desert Rain | theplussideofme