FFFWeek Day Two: Curves For A Cure Benefit Runway

June 24, 2013

New to the FFFWeek schedule was a fundraising event that had a celebrity runway show and silent auction to benefit breast cancer awareness. I thought this was an excellent event to add to the week, as it allowed those participating in FFFWeek to give back through fashion, whether that be donation, silent auction, or ticket sales. The lovely team at Kiyonna sent me their beautiful Linden Lace Top to wear to the event, and I felt SO GOOD in it. I love finding those clothing items that just make you feel amazing as soon as you put it on, and this top definitely fit the bill in celebrating curves for the night.

bIMG_7270

The event showcased various celebrities in the plus size community in donated looks from brands such as Lane Bryant and SWAKDesigns among others. Celebrities included Marie Denee of The Curvy Fashionista, Gwen DeVoe – creator of FFFWeek, Lizzie Miller, Madeline Jones from Plus Model Magazine, Lucille O’Neal, Sharon Quinn, Rosie Mercado and others. All of the looks incorporated Breast Cancer Awareness color of pink and were later held for a silent auction. This was a really fun runway because it was all about celebrating women and having a good time while doing it.

day 2 c4c

clIMG_7241

Me, Brittany, and Olivia

cbIMG_7228

Me and Rosie Mercado

cbIMG_7225

Me and Alissa of Stylish Curves

cbIMG_7222

Love this photo of Sarah from SWAKDesigns, me, and Emily of Sonsi

cbbIMG_7234

Olivia of Wait Until the Sunset, Aisha of Fat in the City, and me — I had only met Aisha earlier that day, but you wouldn’t have guessed that. She was so much fun to talk to and she’s doing some interesting work in the plus size fashion world and fat activism world. Be sure to check her out (and Olivia too, of course, but I’m hoping that you know and love Olivia by now since I’ve linked to her many times over the years).

I felt super sexy in this outfit, and that’s not a feeling that I have often. I can feel pretty, etc, but sexy is a whole nother attitude.

cb1

What I wore: Kiyonna Linden Lace Top, ASOS Jersey Pencil Skirt, Avenue Black Wedges

What’s your favorite look from the runway? Which plus size celeb do you want to meet or were most excited to meet?

*The top was gifted to me by Kiyonna for the purpose of wearing it to an FFFWeek event. My opinion of the item is expressed honestly. Thank you, Kiyonna!

1. Susan Koppelman permalink
    June 24, 2013 10:36 pm

I love the blouse you are wearing. What do you have under it and does it come lined?

• June 24, 2013 10:39 pm

Thank you! Just a bra. The top is lined except in the sleeves. You can choose between tan lining and black lining.

• Susan Koppelman permalink
        June 24, 2013 11:07 pm

Thanks. What fabric is the lining? I’m assuming poly but who knows? I really like it. What size are you wearing? Can you post a link to where it is sold?

• June 24, 2013 11:11 pm

Sure, http://www.kiyonna.com/plus-size-clothing/Separates/21120905 the lining is polyester. I’m wearing their size 4.

• Susan Koppelman permalink
        June 24, 2013 11:15 pm

Thanks. They don’t have anymore size 4. Darn.

• Susan Koppelman permalink
        June 24, 2013 11:16 pm

Ooooooooooooooooops. I just found the price. $88. Out of my range.

2. June 25, 2013 3:16 am

Love Kiyonna clothes, just a bit out f my price range but one day I will get some stuff of there’s πŸ™‚

• June 25, 2013 5:35 am

You should look at their stuff on Sonsi.com. Sometimes it’s discounted. I also get a lot of their clearance items πŸ™‚

3. June 25, 2013 9:03 am

Lovely outfit! Followed πŸ™‚

4. June 25, 2013 2:08 pm

This blouse took my breath away! It’s fantastic and you look great! I love that it gives buyers the option to choose between a tan and black lining. I would have gone with the one you chose! πŸ™‚

5. June 26, 2013 12:26 pm

You look PHENOMENAL in this outfit. I think the way it made you feel really just shines through. You are absolutely stunning. πŸ™‚

6. June 27, 2013 7:03 pm

Thank you for your comment! I too want to see the Monster University movie πŸ™‚

That Kiyonna top looks gorgeous on you! I’m so jealous of these photos – I wish I could’ve been there! Rosie Mercado looked amazing – she’s wearing my favourite outfit of the runway photos. Now I’m off to check out those blogs you linked xx

7. Pablo Ramνrez permalink
    June 29, 2013 10:57 pm

You are so beautiful….XOXOXO from Mιxico.

Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 03:12:56 +0000 To: pablo_ramirez_guzman@hotmail.com

July 6, 2013 7:27 pm

You looked so good and you looked sexy in your outfit. Wow! those pink outfits were so cute! where did they come from?

• July 11, 2013 8:54 pm

various companies supplied them. Some were Swak Designs and I honestly don’t remember the rest. I’m sure FFFWeek’s site may have more info.

9. July 6, 2013 9:11 pm

lindas fotos

10. shafiqa permalink
    July 24, 2013 9:59 am

yea i want to ask you im a plus size but i don’t know how to wear my pencil skirt whether it is below the bust are or at the center
    please reply me asap

• July 24, 2013 11:30 am

I put the top of the penil skirt at my waist or smallest area of my body. Personally, I like it 3 or so inches below my bust, but I’ve seen many girls wear it right under their bust. Whatever works best for your body and proportioning.

11. Aya permalink
    November 10, 2013 4:16 pm

Hello! You look gorgeous! Much more attractive than some slim ladies. Because you look happy, that’s more important.

Ladies, I would appreciate it so much if you advise me to find a beautiful coat to my mom, exactly saying , to advise me the web sites for online shopping. It is a problem for me, because her high hip is wider than high hip.

Thanks in advance!