Modcloth Cute Mint Dress Look

October 3, 2013
A week or so ago, the lovely Amy, a ModStylist at ModCloth.com, invited me to participate in the Uniquely You polyvore challenge. The challenge asks bloggers to create outfits around a central item, and the Mint Cute Dress was selected by Modcloth. To me, this dress is romantic and light, so I decided to create an outfit that would be worn on the last good summertime weekend that us lucky people in North Carolina even get to experience in October.
Because I’m  plus size, I wanted to make sure any other items I paired with the dress could be found in the plus size section, so I settled on this lace detail top that I imagine would be worn open over the dress. Modcloth’s selection always reads romantic and whimsical to me, so I decided to embrace this mood and go full out sweet with a floral headband, love letter clutch, and cute heels. Even though the color palate is simple here, the mix of textures and accents call for even more simple jewelry, so I finished the look with a dainty ring.
Modcloth Cute Mint Dress Look
Modcloth Cute Mint Dress Look by theplussideofme featuring mint shoes
How would you have styled this dress?
Let me know what direction you saw it taking style-wise!
  1. October 3, 2013 8:27 pm

The dress is cute, yeah, yeah, yeah, but can we talk about that PURSE! Swoon!

2. Helen permalink
    October 3, 2013 8:44 pm

Such a pretty outfit! I love mint green 🙂

Everyoneshouldsparkle.blogspot.co.uk

October 3, 2013 9:57 pm

I love the mint green dress. And those shoes! heavenly. You might have tried a sweet complimentary color cardigan sweater such as a yellow or white or maybe a small pastel print floral pattern with the mint green in it, or maybe a blazer. Could you have gone with a little pink in there? White just seems to go with this dress. Now that I look at the dress, I see the bow and workings around the sleeveless bust. A small little cover sweater would go perfect. Oh! You could try a pretty shawl with the dress. Polyvore always has such nice pieces that compliment each other. That white blouse is so cute and the light beige mini goes perfect with it and the shoes. Add a complimentary scarf, there always seems to be a scarf that ties the outfits together. That purse you have is killer! It goes perfect.

4. October 4, 2013 1:12 am

Oeh! I love this outfit! Love the color palette, very spring-ish.

5. October 4, 2013 9:17 am

gros flash sur les chaussures bi color,j adore !

6. October 7, 2013 2:55 pm

I love the dress and I’m crazy about that clutch!

7. October 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Love that shade of mint. Very soft, light and innocent!