OOTD: Love Is in the Details

November 7, 2013

the plus side of me kiyonna 1

One of my absolute favorite brands to work with is Kiyonna. I joined their

197589_1003720938608_375_n

Blogger Brigade before the summer, and since then they’ve dressed me for events at FFFWeek, looks for summer, and even pieces for me to wear to work (I teach at a college). When they asked what I was interested in this past month, I knew I wanted one of their fancier dresses in navy. They have so, so many good semi-formal dresses, and right now a lot of their styles come in navy or a combo of navy and black, such as this knit wrap dress and this bodycon dress. This is their Scalloped Boudoir Dress, which is coincidentally the very first design that I ever bought from the brand — back in 2008! Kiyonna’s clothing always has such great quality, and the love truly is in the details. I put this piece on, and I instantly felt beautiful. It’s just one of those pieces that feels special. Because of that, I wanted to get a little fancier than my typical brick background, and my friend Brittany (who came with me to FFFWeek) used her photography skills to capture the dress.

the plus side of me kiyonna 3

I wanted all of the attention to be on the dress, so I paired it with light tan heels and this super sweet clutch by Miss Selfridge, which I received at Arcadia’s press day over the summer. I love the light mocha color of the clutch and all of the beading.

the plus side of me kiyonna 7

the plus side of me kiyonna 6

the plus side of me kiyonna 4

Besides the navy color, my favorite detail on this dress is the scalloped hem along the neckline, sleeves, and bottom hem. Again, it’s the extra detail that makes Kiyonna’s clothing so loved.

the plus side of me kiyonna 2

Taking these photos reminded me how transformative outfit shots are. Sometimes it’s hard to love yourself, and often that gets filtered to your looks because “looks”, whoever’s they are, get criticized so often. My face is fuller than its been in the past, but I still am able to recognize my beauty in these pictures. I loved seeing the photos of me laughing at Brittany. It reminds me that I am loved and have wonderful people in my life. I’m thankful for where blogging has taken me.

the plus side of me kiyonna 5

Kiyonna Scalloped Boudoir Dress (gifted), New Look heels, Miss Selfridge clutch

Are you loving navy this fall/winter? What’s your current “fancy” dream dress?

1. The Two Cent Chick (Justine) permalink
    November 7, 2013 8:00 pm

You look absolutely stunning in that dress. And that clutch?! So chic. I’ve been getting a lot of inspiration from your blog!! thetwocentchick.com

2. November 7, 2013 8:15 pm

I love the dress and you look beautiful in it but I’d like some more information about the dress. What fabric(s)? What size? Is it two layers? The navy crochet over something not see thru? Please describe it in greater detail. Thanks.

• November 7, 2013 8:18 pm

It is two layers. There is navy lace over a nude lining. I’m wearing a size 4X. They carry sizes 0X – 5X. I am not sure of the fabrics. You can check out further information on the item through Kiyonna’s site by clicking the link :).

3. November 7, 2013 8:59 pm

The navy lace is gorgeous! It really pops and adds character to the dress while still looking incredibly classic. I love how you styled the dress with subtle nude accents that allow the lace to shine. You look gorgeous!

4. November 7, 2013 10:17 pm

Navy is my favorite color and this looks AMAZING on you!!! I love every word of your last paragraph, I find myself in need of those words often. XOXO!

5. November 8, 2013 12:09 am

The navy blue looks so pretty with your hair and complexion! Plus, of course, laaace. And the clutch is darling.

6. Sarah permalink
    November 8, 2013 12:30 am

You look b-e-a-you-tiful!

7. November 8, 2013 2:00 am

Your smile is so beautiful (and contagious!), and I LOVE this dress!

8. November 8, 2013 2:03 am

I love their clothes, but have never been able to afford it, but I think I might invest in a couple of things – love that dress 🙂

9. November 8, 2013 10:32 am

You look absolute fabulous. Not only in that dress. What ever you wear. Because your a beautiful person. Inside and outside. Oh … and your smile on those photos is gorgeous and infectious.

♡ Mel xoxo

10. November 8, 2013 11:06 am

You look absolutely beautiful in the photographs. It is clear that this dress makes you feel gorgeous and you are! It is apparent in the wonderful pictures! Keep up the inspiration, my daily fashion thanks you beautiful lady!

11. November 8, 2013 8:09 pm

Great color on you, wow! The scallop neckline brings attention to the chest and neck area which is what we want. Pretty choice.

12. Nazira permalink
    November 8, 2013 8:33 pm

Holy crap! You look absolutely stunning!! I have always loved Kiyonna such elegant designs and you really work that dress.

13. November 9, 2013 4:49 am

Wow! You look amazing and your beautiful smile brightens the pictures even more.

14. November 9, 2013 8:33 am

Oh that colour is so pretty! I’ve never really been one to go for navy, but I’m loving it in this dress! You look so beautiful and I love the photo of you laughing. xox

15. chubbymadness permalink
    November 9, 2013 6:12 pm

What an awesome dress! I absolutely love it! And navy is such a great fall color. You are stunning, the dress is stunning and these photos are stunning. I adore this!

16. November 10, 2013 6:17 am

One of these days I’m def. going to buy a Kiyonna dress!

17. Kevin permalink
    November 11, 2013 10:34 am

Hi Becca
    I have not wrote to you In a while
    You look so good in that dress of course anything you put on you look like queen
    It not just that that dress its you smile your curves and your magic You are a stunning sexy woman you look your Best Im a man i enjoying looking all of you I have never seen you angry in any of pictures Your secret your enjoying Life that why the Universe put you ladies here all all very special like a diamond You title Love is in the details i wish that was me.
    Im not kidding sorry for this long letter but you a very stunning woman and very charming too have Fun

1. 3 Years of Growth and Fashion | theplussideofme