OOTD: A Twist in Style

January 17, 2014

I’ve been a member of the Kiyonna Blogger Brigade for a few months now, and I kept almost picking their Athena twist top but would end up choosing a more “safe” style. I always stopped short thinking that the v-neck would expose too much, and I’m a teacher so I think about these things pretty seriously. This month I decided to step out of my typical conservative choices and try out this new style, and I’m so happy I did!
aaIMG_8706

As you can see, the v-neck gives this top a sexy nod without showing too much (or too much for me).

aaIMG_8720

I have multiple Kiyonna items in this Raspberry Wine color, and I always love how they look against my skin tone. It’s the kind of color that I gravitate toward when selecting something to wear out during the evening or for work.

aaaIMG_8732

Kiyonna Athena Twist Top (gifted), City Chic Jeans (no longer sold), Avenue heels, Aldo purse

Since someone already modeled this top on Kiyonna‘s site with a pencil skirt, I decided to wear it with skinny jeans. I wear jeans about 80% of the time, so for me, this is the perfect “going out to dinner with friends” look.

I’m glad I tried a different kind of style for me — what do you think of the top? How would you wear it?

1. January 17, 2014 11:43 pm

this is so cute on you!

2. January 18, 2014 12:05 am

Fabulous!

3. Benita permalink
    January 18, 2014 12:26 am

This top looks great on you.

4. January 18, 2014 6:48 am

Stunning! I really love the top – and especially with the blingy bracelets to go with it. Sparkle suits you 🙂 I probably would wear it like this too, but with a little more sparkle/bling i.e a pair of earrings. Also, I like how your lipstick matches the color on the top.

• January 19, 2014 10:23 am

I was digging around for some earrings and couldn’t find any. I’ve lost some jewelry traveling this year, and I have yet to get back to organizing it and buying new pieces. I love the look of jewelry but it tends to get on my nerves anyway 🙂

5. January 18, 2014 8:22 am

That looks great! I love the cut and the color is rich and totally fabulous. I think it suits you and that it does give a bit of extra edge to the outfit, becoming a focal point. Like you, I’d likely wear it with jeans–either my dark denim bootcut ones or my new metalic skinny jeans. (I’d need to try those together–I love those pants so much but picking stuff to go with ’em can be tough because they’re so interesting to begin with.) Definitely a great reminder that it’s important to take chances if we want our look to grow! Great stuff!

• January 19, 2014 10:24 am

ooh.. metallic skinny jeans?! Are they a metallic color or do they have a metallic sheen to the denim?

6. January 18, 2014 2:40 pm

This top is so unusual

7. January 18, 2014 10:02 pm

You look utterly gorgeous! The colour of that top suits you so well.

8. January 18, 2014 11:05 pm

You’re right, that color looks amazing on you and I’m really loving the jeans too! 🙂

• January 19, 2014 10:28 am

Thanks, Beverly! I wish they still made them. Luckily I bought multiple pairs when they had them, but they are still getting old.

9. KEVIN permalink
    January 19, 2014 3:00 pm

You Look amazing Rebecca Kiyonna Treated you well like a regular Customer.

10. January 20, 2014 12:13 pm

This look is seriously gorgeous on you! Your curves are flawless!

The fit on the jeans is amazing. I mean, I just love everything about this look.

11. January 21, 2014 9:29 am

I love that you took the plunge and ordered a piece you’d been thinking about but were hesitant to give a shot. I think it looks absolutely awesome! I probably would have been hesitant to try it too with the chest cut-out, and while it’s sexy, it’s not obscene. The strip of fabric at the collarbone makes it more modest than a plunging v-neck, but the cut-out adds some surprise and sex appeal. The red wine color looks fab with your hair and coloring, too. You’ve definitely made me take a second look at a top that I would have otherwise passed right over.

Liz