OOTD: Wrapped Up in PinkClove

January 30, 2014

I’ve been seeing some of my UK blogger friends tweeting about a new-ish brand called Pink Clove, and after seeing Leah in their wrap dress, I decided to try out their wrap dress style too. This wrap dress was under $15! You can barely buy anything “plus size” for that price these days, so I was super excited. I wore it to work today with leggings and boots, which have become a bit of a staple in the last few weeks. I definitely recommend wearing it with leggings, as the tulip “wrap” aspect of the skirt has a habit of opening pretty high when you are sitting. Most wraps go all the way to the side, this does not, so keep that in mind.

aaIMG_9088

The skirt of the dress fit me perfectly, but the top part was slightly big. I remedied this with a metallic silver belt. Like I’ve said in previous posts, work attire demands simple jewelry for me or I will mess with it all day. I went with triangular stone with blue accents earrings, which unfortunately didn’t photograph well and is no longer available at F21. ugh! Regardless, I’m loving wearing one side of my hair behind my ear with a great earring.

aaIMG_9092

Overall, my first experience with Pink Clove was really positive. The quality of the dress was much better than I expected, and I know that I will get a lot of wear out of it. I also picked up this dress which is $10 and really cute on! This brand is definitely worth a try. By the way, I used the US to UK size conversion chart that they have under their “size guide”, and Β I would say it is accurate. Even though the top of this dress was a little big, sizing down one would have made the dress too snug. Pink Clove goes up to a UK 32, which is the equivalent of a roomy US 28.

aaaIMG_9104

Pink Clove dress, Old Navy leggings, Eloquii belt (no longer available), F21 earrings (no longer available)

Have you tried Pink Clove? What are your thoughts/favorite items?

*This brand spotlight is not sponsored. I purchased my own clothing from the brand.

1. January 30, 2014 9:35 pm

The blue is lovely on you! The belt adds a lovely touch as well. Leggings are such a good idea with this dress. πŸ™‚

2. January 30, 2014 9:44 pm

You look stunning!

3. Elizabeth F. permalink
    January 30, 2014 10:15 pm

Hi, I’ve been a regular on your blog for a while but this is the first time I’ve commented. That dress is gorgeous! How is shipping to the US with pink clove? I’ve been thinking about ordering from them for a while.

• January 30, 2014 10:22 pm

It came really fast through USPS. You do have to sign for the package though. I missed it at first and had to pick up from the post office.

• Elizabeth F. permalink
        January 31, 2014 1:16 am

Oh ok cool! Think I’m gonna buy a few items. They have some really great stuff. Thanks for responding so fast!!!

4. January 31, 2014 4:01 am

Gorgeous! I love the blue on you! I’ve bought a top and tulip skirt from them and was really impressed, great pricing and great sipping to Australia. Now I kinda want to go buy the dress you’re wearing!

• January 31, 2014 8:37 pm

Thanks Natalie! I ended up placing another order for some more dresses in this shape. Too good to pass up. And I agree about the shipping. Makes me wonder why for some businesses it takes forever to get here.

• Gia permalink
      February 6, 2014 1:47 pm

Natalie , may I ask how much shipping to Australia was ?
      I’m on the Gold Coast
      A lot of the American companies postage is like a mortgage payment ( jokes)

• February 7, 2014 6:15 am

Hey Gia! Shipping was $16.45. I ended up getting the top, skirt, plus shipping for $50.76au. Though it also depends on what the currency conversion is at the time!

5. eyeheartbeauty permalink
    January 31, 2014 8:01 am

I absolutely love it and I ADORE your blog. You have inspired me to start blogging and following my passion. Silly of me to think that because I am on the larger end of plus size that no one would be interested in reading my fashion post. You have lit a fire in and I thank you for sharing your life with us. Please check out my blog. I am just getting started πŸ™‚ http://www.pleaseexcusemyderriere.wordpress.com

• January 31, 2014 8:36 pm

Thank you for commenting! I popped over to your blog this morning πŸ™‚ and I’ll visit again soon. Do you have a twitter account?

• Michelle-Antoinette permalink
        January 31, 2014 8:38 pm

No but I really should. I don’t know anything about twitter

• January 31, 2014 8:40 pm

A lot of plus bloggers use it.. that or instagram. Let me know if you end up joining either πŸ™‚

6. Cindy permalink
    January 31, 2014 9:42 am

I recently stumbled upon your blog and I have enjoyed reading it. I just popped over to pink clove and ordered 3 dresses!!! Thanks so much for introducing us to this Gem of a shop! So Cheap and super cute stuff!

7. January 31, 2014 11:20 am

Beautiful! I’m on their site now and there is sooo much I want!!!

8. January 31, 2014 8:33 pm

I never heard of Pink Clove till now. I see that the wrap is made from rayon (viscose). Is it a bit warm? I love the color. I am thinking about getting their Blue Waterfall Cardigan (which is also cut from rayon).

• January 31, 2014 8:35 pm

I didn’t find it warm. I taught in it, and I typically get warm when teaching, but I didn’t notice it in this.

9. Gia permalink
    February 6, 2014 3:05 pm

Oh I just went to have a looksy at pinkclove
    How fabulous
    I just purchased 7 items including international postage to Australia for $92Au
    Unheard of !!!
    I guessed at sizing but fingers crossed its ok
    Thank you for reviewing them , I would never have found them ….
    Amazing

• February 6, 2014 6:15 pm

that is awesome! I LOVE their prices πŸ™‚

• Gia permalink
        March 31, 2014 8:27 am

So I loved everything I ordered, I should have ordered the smaller size in the dresses but still wearable and easily altered.
        Fantastic, I will be ordering again and have put a few girls onto them as well….

10. cindy permalink
    February 7, 2014 3:08 pm

I ordered 3 dresses and got them today. I love 2/3 of them. No point in returning one. So cute though! Thanks for introducing Pink Clove!