OOTD: Feeling Joy

April 21, 2014

I am just a few short weeks away from wrapping up my first school year teaching writing courses at a local university. I am already dreaming of days spent enjoying the lake with Lola and getting to explore on a couple day trips. At the same time, after about 2 weeks off I’m sure I’ll be ready to get back to it (and I’m teaching in July, so it won’t be too far away). I really love where I work. It is very fulfilling, but it can also be overwhelming (I’m a slow respond-er, so the grade pile never goes away). I’m happy to say that I was offered a position there again next year. Having some continuity with employment is GREAT. I’m so happy, and I’m trying to take a moment to feel the joy rather than worry about everything else coming my way (a new apartment and the bills, bills, and more bills that come with living on your own).

raIMG_9457

Getting towards the end of the semester is giving me some much needed breathing room, though. So much breathing room that I *gasp* actually wore an outfit that I wanted to photograph! Kiyonna helped with this since they sent me this cute Haven Faux Wrap Top.

raIMG_9472

Like everything that Kiyonna puts out, it’s high quality and a great fit. I wore a tank top with this because I typically don’t wear tops that “go up” at the bottom hem, but the top is actually long enough to not wear one. I slipped on a couple simple gold accent accessories and wedges and was on my way to dinner with my family.

raIMG_9478

raIMG_9500

Kiyonna Haven Faux Wrap Top (gifted), Torrid skinnies (old style), Avenue heels (old style), Aldo ring (similar), ASOS earrings

How have you all been? Looking forward to any spring or summer time breaks/outings?

1. April 21, 2014 8:17 pm

Oh I really love the top!!!

2. Elizabeth F. permalink
    April 21, 2014 9:12 pm

that top is gorgeous!

3. April 21, 2014 10:20 pm

It looks beautiful on you!!

4. April 22, 2014 9:57 am

fits perfect to you!The top is beautiful! The colour suit you!

5. Beth permalink
    April 23, 2014 1:03 pm

I’m so glad to hear from you again! You look lovely, the whole look is adorable. The lake sounds wonderful, would love to see some casual and swim looks from vacay. Congrats on being picked up for next year at the school – you must be doing something right!!

6. April 23, 2014 9:32 pm

Love this look on you. You look great.

7. April 26, 2014 3:16 pm

Congratulations on the job offer! How wonderful that you have a position that is so rewarding. And I love this outfit. The color of the top is gorgeous and goes so well with the wedge sandals and jeans. Hope you enjoy your time off with Lola at the lake. 🙂

8. June 10, 2014 11:50 pm

WOW!
    Amazing photo! You look very gorgeous.Your dress is very charming that one can choose easily.I also like your post and your beautiful dress.Your dress style is very uncommon and choose full .Reading this this site and your blog has been a enjoyable experience.I’ve bookmarked this blog for more use!

Thanks a lot for sharing great style and inform us…
    Nishi 🙂