OOTD: Hello Spring

April 27, 2014

It finally feels like spring has set in. I’ve been stowing away some dresses for a couple months waiting for warmer weather to appear, so I was excited to put on this eShakti dress to wear for a department party. It was the perfect flowy fabric that kept me cool, which I was thankful for because we sat in the shade by a pond for a couple hours and enjoyed the outdoors.

raIMG_9561
raIMG_9564

raIMG_9553

I used to shop at eShakti when I was first introduced to them, and then it was about a year and half before I tried them again. I’ve been pleased with the three items I’ve purchased over the last two months, but do look out for their sales because shipping can sometimes eat up your budge (especially if you’re buying multiple items).

1. April 27, 2014 8:31 am

I have always wanted to order from them. How do their sizes run?

• April 27, 2014 8:33 am

I find them to be true to their sizing chart. I will say that most things I buy have more fabric (maybe too much) in the hips, which was surprising. I get a size 26 when I order.

2. April 27, 2014 8:51 am

Thanks- good to know. I have such problem with length. It makes me crazy.

• April 27, 2014 8:53 am

You do put in your height, which I find helpful. I tend to put 2 inches taller than I actually am because my torso is long compared to my legs. That seems to work well for me because I’d rather things run long rather than short.

• April 27, 2014 8:55 am

I have a long torso, too. I’m about 5’4″ so petite is always too short in one area and then the length is a mess.

3. April 27, 2014 6:48 pm

Oh my gosh! I am dying over the gorgeous embroidery on the bib of that dress. You look sensational and very ready for spring.

4. April 27, 2014 8:07 pm

This dress is perfection. I want the one in red now.

5. April 28, 2014 2:12 am

That is a very pretty dress indeed! ❤ I need to try something out from their website one of these days. They seem to sell such pretty things ❤

• April 28, 2014 2:13 am

6. Joy permalink
    April 28, 2014 12:47 pm

What a pretty dress! It’s just the sort of outfit I like to wear in warm weather — easy breezy. LOVE the floral details and ruffle hem. I should give eShakti a try one of these days…

7. April 28, 2014 4:34 pm

I’ve had mixed success with their dresses, but I love all of my skirts from eshakti. It’s relatively easy to find retailers with tall pants and jeans, but most of the time, they only have one length for skirts. Most end up a few inches short for my comfort level without leggings or tights on underneath.

My workplace kinda frowns on shorts in the summer, so I’m hoping to pick up a few more work appropriate skirts this season.

April 29, 2014 12:56 am

The dress is cute. I remember when I was in high school, there was this big thing with “grannie dresses. They were these sort of long dresses. I remember taking one to France in my Jr year and wearing it at a little dance we had.

9. Paula permalink
    April 30, 2014 10:14 am

Buenas! soy Paula y acabo de empezar en esta locura de los blogs. Aquí te dejo el enlace para que te pases, le eches un vistazo y me ayudes a empezar en esto. Muchas gracias!

Hi! I’m Paula and I´ve just started to write a blog. Here I let you the link to visit it, take a view and help me with this. Thank you so much!

10. May 1, 2014 2:14 pm

Perfect dress for sitting a spell in a meeting or running errands (like I’m procrastinating doing by reading blogs, lol!)!!!

11. andiperullo permalink
    May 2, 2014 11:06 am

That dress is GORGEOUS!!!

12. May 8, 2014 7:22 pm

This dress is so pretty. I love the embroidery and it looks lovely on you!! I’ve been checking out the other colors on the Web site and I love them all!@

13. May 29, 2014 8:34 pm

This dress is awesome! I ordered a blue one and I found it too long when I entered my real height because it’s meant to be worn with heels. It’s at the cleaners being hemmed as I type this! Ordered it again in red, knocked a couple of inches off my height and it came in the perfect floor length. I adore the embroidery and it just pops so vibrantly against the deep navy dress.

EShakti is one of my favorite places to order from because they are not yet so popular that every plus size woman you know has the same dress!

• May 30, 2014 8:51 pm

Yes, I’m starting to love it too! Sometimes the sizing is off. I went up a size for a more body conscious dress and it was too small, while some other pieces are my normal size and too big. Guess I should just do the customized sizing to save myself a headache.

14. Munmun Nishi permalink
    June 14, 2014 4:03 am

Awesome Post!!
    This is full of informative post Hello Spring.You added many type of information.Such as eShakti dress ,first introduced etc.I mind that it will be helpful for buying any thing.Very nice post,I love this post. This is a really fantastic read for me, Must admit that you are on of the finest bloggers I ever saw.With thanks a for posting this enlightening post.
    Thanks a lot for sharing this article.I await your next Post!
    Best Regards. Rebecca.