OOTD: Chevron and Studs

June 26, 2014

A few months ago many of us plus size shoppers realized that our local Targets were slowly dwindling their plus size stock. There were a couple months there where my local stores had ZERO plus size options, and they didn’t really announce or discuss it. In fact, my anger was only made bigger when store clerks would sometimes send me on a hunting game (Oh- I think it’s mixed with maternity or clearance) when in reality the section just did not exist anymore. After a couple months, I think I heard from The Curvy Fashionista that they were rolling out a new plus size section, or at the very least the section WAS coming back but that they had issues with stock or who knows what. About a month ago I did find that the section had returned. For me, it wasn’t anything new or greater than before (at least at my Target), but I knew their online offerings had been growing in number, so I was hopeful (and remain a little hopeful) that the section was better. I did see one improvement. They still had their basics, but they also had more “styled” pieces too, and I actually found a skirt that fit me correctly (major win!). I finally wore it out for a bit yesterday and wanted to show my look.

raIMG_0014

I really love the print of this skirt. It has a chevron style, and it is very textured with the various shades of gray, black, and blues. I find myself to be pretty picky with prints. I don’t want them to be completely overwhelming, and I’ve been giving myself a rule where they have to also be something I’m willing to wear to work, so this fit the bill. I always feel like I’m under accessorized or have an unfinished look, so at first I added in the House of Harlow sunburst necklace along with a studded belt and flat sandals.

raIMG_0042

When I was at my local Target, this dress also came in a bright pink, which I loved but probably wouldn’t have worn as often. It has pockets (!!!) and also has an elastic/stretchy section in the back, but the fabric itself is not stretchy.

rzIMG_0038Old Navy top (other colors available), Target skirt, Nine West Outlet sandals, belt unknown

So I guess I will give Target another chance. They make such cute clothes for their other sections, so let’s hope they realize that they should carry that good reputation to their plus size section.

What do you think: necklace or no necklace? Have you shopped Target’s plus size section lately? Any great finds, hopes, or concerns?

P.S. my hair is blonder than it shows here. Apparently my apartment lights turn my hair red-ish.

1. Rebekah permalink
    June 26, 2014 3:32 pm

Love this outfit! That color looks great on you.

Glad Target came back with more plus size options. Here in Canada, Target doesn’t carry plus sized clothes. Very frustrating! I make sure to stock up when I’m in the US.

2. Style4Curves permalink
    June 26, 2014 3:43 pm

This skirt looks really great on you!

3. June 26, 2014 3:57 pm

Great skirt & I LOVE the top!!

margot

4. June 27, 2014 7:18 am

Terrific skirt! One might even say “interview-appropriate”.

5. Kamilah permalink
    June 27, 2014 10:12 am

I’ve NEVER been a fan of Target’s clothing until I found them at a store here in AL called Dirt Cheap!!! This store gets the Target “rejects” so I’ve racked up on a lot of Merona brand clothing… However, if it weren’t for those particular pieces I would not support Target at all just for the fact that they went through that phase of takin away the plus size clothing!!! But you rock their clothing well!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
    P.S. Those look like Orbs in your pictures unless your camera has streaks… I love the paranormal…

6. Jeannee Waseck permalink
    June 27, 2014 1:32 pm

Love this OOTD!

Now … my Target does not have a plus section – mebbe a half a rack? but tons and tons of maternity items … When I went to buy a certain type of coffee pot there, and they didn’t have the exact one I wanted, I figured – ok – u go to cust. svc. and they order it for you. NO! They direct you how to order online from there computers – which – had I known that, I could have easily done that AT HOME! I can’t speak for other stores, but it seems to me that Target would rather you shop online, than in there own physical store ….

7. Val permalink
    June 28, 2014 4:45 am

This color is great on you, and I like it with that top too. And I love the necklace! Immediately going on a quest for my own… 🙂

8. Sara permalink
    June 28, 2014 11:38 pm

I love the skirt! I also noticed that at all the Targets in my area, the plus size section has been drastically reduced. It’s really sad because they used to carry really cute clothes!

9. Chris permalink
    July 31, 2014 7:34 pm

My mom got me the same skirt, and I love it. I noticed signs while was browsing at Target yesterday that said 4X sizes are only available on-line, which is something new.

• July 31, 2014 7:38 pm

Good to know, but that makes me sad. When I went to my local store the other day I noticed that only the swimsuits had above a 3x.

10. August 25, 2014 10:55 am