OOTD: Summertime Evening Party

August 24, 2014

Well the school year started on Monday, and so far I’m enjoying my classes. My first week isn’t stressful to teach, but for some reason (anxiety and lack of sleep most likely) I am always incredibly exhausted. I’m currently staring down a messy apartment and giving Lola a stink eye for tearing apart TWO  toys and adding to my own mess. I also am a bit more disorganized with my clothing than I’d like to admit (as in I still have unpacked it all), so I’m hoping to make a lot of productive strides this next week that will make blogging a little easier to me.

By the way, I really appreciate all of the supportive comments on my last post. I think I feel like I’m letting this little space down by not being as regular of a blogger as I used to be, but it sounds to me like you all are good with me being a little not-flowy with publishing my blog posts. Ultimately, I’d love to get back to blogging like I used to, but maybe it’s going to take me not feel crushed by my own expectations to get there.

Yesterday I went to my Aunt Kim’s birthday party, and I knew it’d be an inside/outside party. It was in the evening, so I thought cropped pants and a flowy top would work best. I left the house with straight hair, so after you see the pictures I’ll let you imagine how humid it was :). I stepped away from the party to take pictures in my Aunt Jacki’s home. Her home has so many interesting things in it, and you can get a glimpse of my maternal grandma and grandpa behind me in the pic below.

raIMG_0311

I’m wearing Kiyonna’s Promenade top in Porcelain. It’s slightly off-white and a little sheer at the top. I wore a cheap tank top underneath it, but if you have a v-neck tank or undershirt, it would work even better than the one I had.

raIMG_0277

I liked that the top had a very easy style. I could have worn a wide mix of bottoms and accessories. This is the first time I wore an elevated shoe all summer. I’m definitely out of practice, but I recently got some boots for fall/winter that I’ll share on a post soon that will help me get used to it again.

raIMG_0308Kiyonna Top* Gifted for Blogger Brigade purposes, Torrid Jeggings (rolled) Avenue Wedges (2+ years old), Forever21 Necklace (similar)

How would you style this top?

1. August 24, 2014 6:56 pm

Very cute!! I would love to style that with a pencil skirt…would be tres chic in the workplace!

2. August 24, 2014 7:32 pm

Thanks for featuring the Kiyonna top. Ive been eyeing it, but was wondering how sheer it is.

And take it easy, and take of yourself. Anxiety, work, and stress are no joke. Toke your time… we’ll be here!

3. August 24, 2014 8:34 pm

Hey, I haven’t commented before but I just wanted to let you know that I love your blog! I have recently found your blog and some others and have been so encouraged by them. I have found one reason after another to hate my body for years and am just now starting to accept and love myself and my body with all its curves! I just wanted to say thanks for blogging and I love your outfit! You look beautiful!

4. August 25, 2014 8:29 pm

I’m always quite impressed by people who wear white tops. I always look like a mess – & inevitably spill something on myself so that I BECOME a mess, too! You look great.

5. August 28, 2014 11:08 pm

I really love that top. It looks so nice on you. My school’s starting next week but I’m still in college 🙂 I think you paired the top well with the necklace.

Greetings from LA

6. Kevin permalink
    April 7, 2015 7:58 am

Hey, Amazing work done for Plus Size, We are manufacturer ourselves http://www.lovefashion.co.uk

1. Nice Day for a White Wedding | Aislynn's World