OOTD: My Current Go-To Fall Outfit

October 19, 2014

Last night was my sister, Katie’s, annual anniversary bonfire. Her and her husband were celebrating 9 years married together (woot!). Never to miss a fashion moment, I pulled out my go-to fall outfit. I seriously wear some version of this 2 (*cough* 3) times a week. I also got to use two of my newest items, boots that actually zip all the way up and a new winter coat.

raIMG_0670

I purchased this H&M sweater a couple of weeks ago and realized the first time I wore it that it was the perfect fall sweater. The fabric is so soft, and it drapes and skims, which is what I like in the fall. I was going to buy another copy of this, but it sold out fast. I also purchased this scarf from H&M (not offered online, similar here). Again, the fabric is incredibly soft, and it’s long enough for me to knot and wear in many different ways.

raIMG_0671

I’ve been wearing Torrid’s jeggings since I got to try a pair at FFFWeek years ago, and I’ve always worn their regular length that hit me below my ankle. I finally decided to invest in the short length jeggings, and they fit perfectly, hitting right at the ankle. I also invested in boots, and let’s just say I didn’t have high hopes. Almost every “wide width” boot is not wide enough for me. I looked into Simply Be’s offerings and it seemed like I just fit into their size chart. When you purchase boots there, make sure you look at the calf sizes (curvy plus, etc) and the amount of E’s. I went with this style, and they do fit well. I’ve only worn them once, and I noticed that with driving and walking around they shimmied down and made the ankle area baggy. I’m hoping to figure out how to fix this soon, but if that’s my only problem then I can handle it.
raIMG_0679

I also recently purchased this Anorak jacket from Torrid with a Haute Cash coupon code. Without the code, the jacket is a bit pricey, but it is very well made and warm for winter. I could see myself using this even in really cold weather because it is lined with sherpa fabric. I love the faux-leather details, especially the shoulders and elbow patches, and you can remove the hood (yay for versatility!). My cousin Blythe and soon-to-be sister-in-law Brittany got in on the photo session as well.

raIMG_0698

What’s been your fall go-to outfit so far?

1. October 19, 2014 12:31 pm

I use these: http://www.amazon.com/Boot-Stay-adhesive-sag-preventers/dp/B004W0W0HU in my boots to keep them from dropping at the ankles and they work perfectly! I have wide calves but pretty skinny ankles, so that’s definitely a problem for me but these sort it out pretty well

2. October 19, 2014 9:21 pm

Ughhhh, boots that get baggy are the worst – but it seems to happen with nearly all of them! This is my fall go-to outfit, too. 🙂

• October 20, 2014 2:36 am

I learned yesterday that I need to invest in some good socks so the bunching at the ankle at least isn’t painful :-/

3. Yolanda Lorkowski permalink
    October 19, 2014 10:07 pm

I hate fall and winter so much, I refuse to shop for clothes. The clothes are so ugly!! If there were(I probably said that wrong) still a Fashion Bug Plus, I might have gone shopping.

4. October 23, 2014 3:34 am

Awesome post!
    I think that your article is very fine that you make.
    You look very gorgeous.I see all of your post and make some Idea.I really choice this fashion that you make.
    Thanks a lot for sharing this article.
    Munmun Nishi:)

5. October 23, 2014 1:02 pm

I love this outfit so much! It looks great on you. I’ve been looking for a good pair of dark jeans for a while now. 🙂

All the best from LA

6. October 24, 2014 4:10 am

Oooohhh I love that color! I love to wear a tunic with leggings and boots ❤

7. Tanja permalink
    October 25, 2014 5:51 pm

Great outfit, you look super in it!

8. October 25, 2014 6:48 pm

I really love the change of seasons. 4 times a year I get to review my clothing collection and either add to it or donate. Fall/Winter offers so many colors that I normally do not wear during April thru Mid-September. I seem to be a Fall fan of aubergine, yellow ochre and burgundy. These colors feel warm during cool Fall nights and winter days. Recently I found a batik shirt (long sleeve) that had these colors. It’s a slightly busy print but with a solid pair of pants and it seemed to “tame” my color palette.

9. November 1, 2014 4:54 pm

I *LOVE* those boots!

My go-to outfit this fall has been a black & white marled sweater with dark jeans and black suede boots (not very fashion-y, but they’re cute enough and will be great in Ohio’s cold winter). I’ve also been rocking my “nerd” hat and my new Hello Kitty bag (for the kid in me, lol). =)

10. November 19, 2014 5:39 am

Best thing for boots that sag around the ankle is wellie socks (walking socks)! I scrunch them down the ankle and the sag is no longer a problem! x

11. December 1, 2014 6:08 am

I really love the color of your sweater- perfect for fall!

Looking for boots is always a nightmare for me- my ankles go out where other people’s go in. Any they swell, just for fun…. Zip boots won’t zip, I can’t lace boots all the way, and the edges of the tongue always show… ugh!

12. Jessica permalink
    December 11, 2014 7:56 pm

I love your outfit! I especially love it when you layer the jacket with it! Super cute!

13. December 28, 2014 12:45 pm

This was great site!

14. December 28, 2014 2:11 pm

Great blog! I like it..

15. Heather permalink
    January 16, 2015 3:52 pm

Please come back! I miss your posts!

16. January 17, 2015 9:10 am

This looks so comfy and casual! Cute..

17. January 26, 2015 9:42 am

I have multiple pairs of knee-high boots (one black pair with kitten heels and one brown pair that are flat), they don’t shimmy down on me because they’re very structured. Like most leather boots, though, they do “bunch” and “bend” a little at the ankle. I think that’s fairly standard.

If you’ve got the extra coin to spend it might be worth looking into Duo, they have a decent size range.

18. February 8, 2015 6:29 pm

Please post more!!!! I love reading your stuff 🙂

Plus Size Bathing Suits

19. February 16, 2015 7:00 am

Hope all is well, missing your posts 😦 x

20. March 13, 2015 7:30 am

Hello Rebecca, nice to meet you, I found your blog very very nice and I like your style, your mood and your smile, one of the best in the plus size fashion blogger world
    C U, big kiss
    Elena

21. March 30, 2015 3:42 am

Hi Rebecca, still no new posts, getting a bit worried, hope all is well, hugs xx

22. April 21, 2015 7:42 am

I cherish your outfit! I particularly cherish it when you layer the coat with it! Super adorable!

23. May 14, 2015 5:52 am

Had a sneak peek at the instagram, looking good x